What Is happening?! M1570, M1070, M570 from Monoprice THX AAA 887 Too!

Its a bit more on monoprice and takstar to qc the drivers. Its possible they are just letting more get by with worse tolerances… Hence why their versions come in at a lower price point.

well I play most things by ear. for any noticeable channel imbalance I just listen to the pastuff that pans frequencies. from 5hz to like 20k and if anything sounds odd I wioll keep replaying those specific freenciuesuntill i figure out the problem. and to make sure its not a problem with my source or the audio file itself I corsstest it with several headphones

Logically thats the most likely way they could shave most of the cost off of these vs the alternatives.

yeah true and they are built so well too… really dissapointed will revisit them if they get better

Mine kinda sound that way too. Almost has this out of phase effect for me which is weird cause the imaging when gaming is really good.

The DT800 600ohm with brainwavz hybrid pads are doing what I wanted the M570 to do, surprisingly.

Really tempted to grab the 880 but I might grab the meze 99 noir . I really need something very bassy and generic sounding in my collection. And a closed back

I am making tube amps so so I’m interested in the 600ohm to test. I’ve got the 1990 at 250ohm but its high sensitivity. I have the hd6xx to test with as well, but nothing as high as a dt990/880 600ohm etc.

Headband was pissing me off, that in addition to more and more people I see comparing them to the LCD2/LCD2F which you can get from $100-150 cheaper secondhand is making me lean towards returning the m1570.

Just got my 1070 and the clamp is too loose I can’t get a good seal. And i have a big head. Im actually really enjoying them so far.

Zmf eikon micro suede pads make these slightly warmer and reduces the sharpness in the treble

My Review of the M1070

Coming from a Hifiman HE4xx, ATH M50 and a couple of Superlux’s so my listening experience isn’t what you would call vast. I spent a lot of time at my local audio store auditioning headphones that costed way more before I pulled the trigger on these (Sundara, LCD2, LCD2C, Meze 99 Classics, HD 650, HD 660s, HD 800, Ananda).

Initially, I was sold by the LCD2C. Then I found out Monoprice was releasing these. Without waiting for reviews, I pulled the trigger since Monoprice has proven that they’ve been consistently improving on their products (M1060 v1 to M1060 v2 to M1060C). I somehow trusted that they would be in for the kill this time around with their ongoing rivalry between Audeze.

My first listening experience was with my Essence STX sound card. It was impressive, but my immediate impressions were that they were lacking a bit of bass, a little sibilant on the highs. Though even with this they absolutely put my HE4xx to shame. So I thought ok, a bit of EQ might fix this. Initial impressions were not too bad. Then I decided to test this with the Liquid Spark amp which I bought in a package together with these.

The moment I hooked this up with the Liquid Spark (with 0 break-ins on both), my mind was absolutely blown away… I had goosebumps… I found myself just indulging in the music without being analytical at all (which is absolutely unlike me). The highs were perfect, sitting in that sweet spot below my treble threshold. The bass was the right amount without creeping into the mids at all. The separation… I could hear everything!! I listened to the song Our Origins by Armin (Yes I’m a massive trance fan) and it transformed me back to the time I was in a rave on my birthday. Right now I’m on to my Deadmau5 playlist. I just can’t seem to take these off…

I can’t help but think of the amount I spent comparatively to the performance ratio. These are a class way, way above itself. I would put these against any other headphones that cost way more any day, and I will still be wowed. I can only imagine once the Liquid Spark amp gets broken in. I’ve read from another reviewer that these scale pretty well too.

Hope my impressions have helped people who are waiting to pull the trigger.

2 Likes

For those of you that don’t like the clamp, try modding them with the audeze band. It’s a pain in the ass but worth it.

which headphone are you referring to?

I may rebuy them(m1570) later, if they fix up QC on the headband etc…

I don’t care too much about the headband they were comfy enough for me but they don’t sound good

1 Like

Was talking about for the m1570, my knock on the 1570 is the headband being way too loose and me wanting to mod them. For the 570 its them being weird headphones.

Edited my review! Totally forgot to mention they were the M1070’s.

1 Like

wow! awesome modding there Dx, Where did you get the headband from? is there a orphaned pair of LCD headphones somewhere? lol. I like this mod lot cause you gave the headphones swivel. i dont know why so many manufacturers are ignoring swivel in their headphone bands and cup holders. wish there was a generic headphone band i could buy to mod swivel into headphones.

cool review. so you think the m1070 sounds better than all those headphones? or just the LCD2?