What Is happening?! M1570, M1070, M570 from Monoprice THX AAA 887 Too!

Great review thanks, once they become available in Europe I’ll probably be pulling the trigger.

They sound way better than all of them, ASIDE from the LCD2. I remember the LCD2 sounding really pleasing and lush to my ears as well, so much so it made the other Planars sound thin, and the dynamic sennys sound like toys.

I could only really tell you that they sound better than the LCD2s if I could AB test them. But in all honesty listening pleasure wise, it’s equal. To the point where they’re both so enjoyable you don’t even want to take them off your head.

I actually bent the yolkes in and now they are perfect

wow, i really want to hear the LCD2’s now. what did you like better? the LCD2 or the LCD2C?

Definitely the LCD2s over the 2Cs for me.

To me, what’s most important is that when you put on a pair of headphones, that it just allows you to indulge in the music without being too analytical. Things that irk me and cause me to be analytical are sibilant trebles, muddy bass, not enough impact on bass, lacking of subbass, not a wide enough soundstage, extremely forward and shouty mids etc. I could go on and on.

I understand that preference in sound is a very individualistic thing. But the beauty of the M1070s and I can say so for Audeze as well, is that they have found the “balance” sweet spot that is preferential to majority of us. I’m sure that alone takes countless hours of tweaking and R&D to get to that stage.

How did you bend them? I have been considering sending my 1070s back because the headband just doesnt clamp enough and they nearly fall off my head when looking around. Did you put them to their small setting then bend them, extend them all the way out then bend them? I just Do not want to snap the thing off and not be able to return it lol.

I messed up my first pair of 1070s looking to see how hard it would be to do the wires pull out of the driver if you look at them wrong. I am going to see if i can bend the replacement as suggested, if not just returning them i think though. I mean for 400 bucks I dont want to spend 150 more then break them and retry etc. I wish they had an option to just put the audeze headband on at the factory I would pay them the extra 150 to do it. I dont see why they didnt just copy it all the way. IRL no one gives a flying shit if they ripped audeze off- I just want good HPs for a good price.

I was gonna take the m570 back in fear of the resonance issue coming when they reach full potential, but I don’t hear nothing wrong with them. I have a average sized head, is the headband size that bad on the 1070?

If they work for you great but maybe I just don’t like how they sound in the first place they were too. Right for me and will just save my money for the blons instead

Not only did my pair have resonance but it forced me to turn my music down and I like turning it up on occasion and just jam but it’s just not possible it gets too sibilant for me.

I extended it all the way out and then grabbed the back of the earcup and the lower part of the adjustment slider then bent inward.

I would get the blon20, but massdrop being the mess that it is…if I get jacked of my money messing with them I’m gonna go ham sandwich.

Seems like the general consensus here is that people are wanting to send back all 3 models?

Maybe theres a cheap headphone like a superlux or the JVC HARX700 you can buy cheap to cannibalize the band and cup holder from?

It’s the only headphone that I got in a while that immediately disappointed me and had to force myself to. listen to

I literally went back to my 990 cause to me that acceptably bright not the thing monoprice sent me

you didnt like the M1570 rice? what was wrong with it?

Nah the m570

Char
Limit

pretty sure its broken. too much resonance , congestion and channel imbalance between 600 to 900 hz its very audible. Its also too bright for me.

Kinda love the 1570. Keeper for sure for me.

1 Like