What is the only IEM that you can't stop using right now?

Letshouer EJ07 Original driven by Cayin RU7 specifically on DSD64 setting with Spinfit W1 tips.

Just otherworldly 3D holographic sound.

4 Likes

I maintain that Thieaudio has middle of the road bass quality

2 Likes

I agree, if we rewind about 4 years, they were on the better end of Chi-fi for bass, but they were mostly competing with Moondrop and KZ, two companies that are mostly allergic to good bass. Today there are several companies that are doing better everything than both Thieaudio and Moondrop.

Tripowin still drops a great IEM once in a while, as does Letshuoer. Ziigaat has been turning out consistently good sets, Aful has done a few over the last year as well. Dunu seems to be doing good work, and when they turn the treble down, Simgot makes a good IEM.

5 Likes

Glacier! It can serve as your reference for natural realistic sound. Imagine that you are sitting in a large hall and in front of you are the musicians. Unreal good!

2 Likes

This one has come back on my radar after hearing it at CJ, thought it was good and had a surprisingly comfortable shell, but my brain was pretty burnt out at that point. May I ask…How do you find the bass technicalities? think its a 10mm bio-cellulose on Glacier? After hearing what an Mg-alloy diaphragm is capable of, it’s my benchmark but can’t see too many hybrids/tribrids using them apart from pilgrim and Z1R. Also, does it do well with portable sources or needs mo’ powa in your experience? Thanks if you can answer, much appreciated.

1 Like

I think that DD is at DUNU. :white_check_mark:

Quantity 9/10 Close to basshead, but when summoned.Some find it punchy, yes, but if the record calls for it.
Quality 9.2/10 With a little more sub-bass texture this would be 10/10, but that doesn’t mean it’s lacking. The sub-bass snarls like a gorilla.
Separation of bass from mids 10/10
Tactility 9.4/10
Tonality 9.8/10
Male vocals 9.8/10 Stunning accuracy without being bloated or dented.
Female vokals 9.7/10 Bliss for the ears. No, it’s not hyperbole.
Timbre 9.9/10 And one small detail - these are the best cymbals I’ve heard in IEM, absolute realism!
Resolution for the entire FR 9.9/10 The details are not in your face but in the background and there are tons of them!!!

And last but not least, it has nothing to do with the BA bass :nerd_face:.
There is something addicting about this IEM and I haven’t been able to take them out of my ears for days now. If I keep going like this, I’m sure I’ll go deaf.
It is not very easy to drive, but with a good dongle or DAP there are no problems. However, it is not as difficult as the Prestige and some others in the price range.
This worked out almost like a reviewe. But this is an IEM that is little talked about and overlooked by the community because of their hatred of Harman, but here Harman is … done deliciously. :wink: :notes:

5 Likes

I’ve been pretty much enjoying the Oracle MKIII that past couple weeks with the iBasso dx180 or dx260. Nice detail and texture to the sound and the timbre suits me very well. That’s what’s pop’n in my head right now as I’m listening to

3 Likes

Thanks for the Glacier impression @SoundEater. Glad to hear you’re enjoying it, it’s defo on my shortlist although an actual glacier may have melted by the time I can get it. Sounds like it’s a good driver they used for the bass. I can’t find much information on the balanced armatures.

The upper mids look similar to Simgot/OG harman running across to 8k before a dip. I’ve got used to the extra bite/attack it can give some music even if vocal takes a hit sometimes. Tough balancing act I think (Cadenza 12 found the way maybe). I think from my hazy memory and FR, Glacier gives just enough bass (mid+sub) to balance against that upper mid shizzle whilst keeping the separation intact, something all the harman curves lack. I can see why it wouldn’t be for everyone but Dunu might have made the best variant yet in the harman multiverse of madness.

Curious to see how Aful Cantor bass shapes up in more reviews. Another flagship at a reasonable price. Woop :raised_hands:

1 Like

hilarious that you started this thread because of S08

It’s also the one I can’t put down with Explorer now trying to see if it fights for the spot

Mext getting ignored lmao

2 Likes

Gonna give an update about my S08, and yes it’s still my go to IEM set to this day for it really have gotten better to wear and listen to once I have the Divinus Velvet ear tips for it. I usually pair it with my Simgot EA1000, but despite the EA1000 for sure being more superior in terms of technicalities, the S08 still remains to me as my go to that I use all the time, for the tuning for me is just right.

2 Likes

Something about the way the bass hits on it is so attractive

Aful’s Explorer is no joke but S08 is just more in my alley as well
Like a DD that’s as fast as a planar albeit a tiny bit bloated, I love it

it shakes my head the same way Mext does and for this price, it’s way past a steal, it’s like a fort knox level heist

edit 2: Explorer’s starting to even it all out, I love S08 but I love the even lower treble methinks along with an amazing fit, it’s a hell of a set, I think both sets would go on S for me

1 Like

QOA Adonis New.

1 Like

Estrella, every day. :pinched_fingers:

I think you talked me into the S08

1 Like

you can’t go wrong with S08 or Explorer

Explorer is the nice controlled bass with warm relaxed presentation, S08 can be a bit too much bass for people who want that clean bass but if you’re into the rumble your brain stuff then it’s hella fun, I use XL spiral dots on mine for a good fit tho

2 Likes

Im not super into it for the bass. Just want something really detailed that is a bit warm and not fatiguing. Around 100ish dollars is ideal. This is my first iem in a while. I think the performer 5 would be a better match maybe but hard to pull the trigger when they are double the price and like i said i havent had iems in over probably 4 years! Im started chemo so i need something to listen to ASAP and need to make up my mind haha. Or should i just Buy Once Cry Once?

5 Likes

Man my :pray:’s are with you brother…@domq422 @GooberBM @VIVIDICI_111 @Sonofholhorse and the HFGF massive any rec’s :+1:

7 Likes

Damn. My heart goes out to you, brother. Best of luck with everything and stay strong. Use the power of music to keep you sane :handshake: :handshake: :handshake:

With that being said, I’d highly recommend the Aful Explorers. They are tuned wonderfully. Laid back and smooth with great bass. The comfort is also off the charts for me and for lots of others as well. No pressure issues are present at all.

Best of luck, my man. You got his :call_me_hand:

10 Likes

Explorer with wide bore tips would be my immediate rec at that price for warm but detailed. They’re also super comfy, so great for any length of listening session! Best of luck in your treatment, know that we are all rooting for you!

6 Likes

Explorer :+1: Crank them up and have a blast

6 Likes