What is your favourite iems

My Ikko OH-1 ate amazing. But…about to buy the Campfire Audio Polaris V2, so I bet this will change…

2 Likes

How do the Rai Solo sound, like FR wise etc. I’ve not heard much about them so I’m curious.

1 Like

Neutral with a focus on upper mids. Not really V shaped as they don’t have the bass bump that v shaped is known for. But still has very tasteful bass presentation with a fair amount of detail due to the upper mids focus. Slightly above average sound stage with some fairly decent depth. Really love my pair and by far are the most comfortable and best built out of all my IEMs. Worth noting that this pair also saw a lot of benefit from burn-in, about 75 hours or so. Noticed some harshness in the treble region calmed and smoothed out quite a bit and the bass extension improved noticeably after burn in.

1 Like

Unique Melody Maverick 2 RE, AAW AXH Holiday Edition, Fitear 335, QDC Fusion, and Oriolus MK2.

1 Like

KZ AS06. 30$-ish.
Full-balanced armature, which means, you hear everything clearly.
Neutral all the way, which also means, you hear everything clearly.
But with a 100hz bass bump, which means, the subdued treble won’t ever annoy you.
It also means, even in noisy environments, you’ll hear absolutely everything, bass included.

The KZ ZS10 Pros were too treble-y for me at high volume, or on some songs. Even with comply foam tips adding +5dB bass (I’m treble-sensitive, 10khz+). Not these.

So, yeah, KZ AS06 are the only IEMs I have, and they just do everything well.
Just throw the 1$ cable you get with it in the garbage and get a Tripowin cable or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Etymotic ER4 SR, accurate, neutral and with outstanding passive noise isolation. The deep fit is not for everyone but I find them much better than active noise cancelling headphones when commuting to/from work and flying.

3 Likes

Did you pull the plug on the Polaris yet?

i’ve never actually used full fledge IEMs mostly because they can be expensive for high quality (compared to just earbuds) and every earbud i had was chewed to death by my cat… so i basically am doomed to only using wireless earbuds (if you can find some great wireless IEMs i would hug you)

:laughing: lol my friend got the same problem, I told her “I’m about to start a thread on this forum for you, something like, searching for kitten-proof earphones:laughing:

to be fair they were only like 20 dollars so the wire was SUPER SUPER thin… but that was more because i was broke and didn’t have money for expensive IEMs with thiccer cables… i might have even just gotten a bluetooth amp/dac for my phone if the cat wasn’t a piece of shit and my mom didn’t buy me some creative outlier air wireless earbuds (not the best quality but decent enough for casual listening)

1 Like

Sadly for my friend, her 50$ earbuds lasted two weeks. :stuck_out_tongue: (Which was exactly my guess two weeks before lol).

I did…too much of a V shape for me. If the mids were just a tiny bit more present, I would have kept them…but I ended up selling them. Back to the drawing board.

1 Like

Yeah! That seemed like the rep they were getting. I have the FH7s and know they were often compared to the Polaris 2s. I’m hearing the low end can be overbearing. I’m really itching for a pair of CA headphones but am not sure if I’m ready to go to andromeda (or higher) prices… Have you got a chance to hear the FH7s. The midrange is much more present while keeping the separation between freqs

JVC HA-FD01 are my favorite iems. I’ve only owned them for a week, but I plan to sell my Andromedas now that I have them

1 Like

The FH7’s are a much less V shape…more of a very slight U shape. For what it is worth, I still prefer the Ikko OH-1 over the FH7 and Polaris V2.

So I have been in the IEM game for a little while, but I have owned IEMs from <$100 to $1600. My current favorite is easily the Campfire Andromeda/Solstice (Solstice is just custom Andromeda). I have been to 2 CanJams and when I first heard these, it felt like my search was finally over. Can’t say end game because I love the hobby too much, but I tried so many headphones and IEMs and I always went back to these. They are the closest to end game that I have experienced so far. This includes headphones that are way above its price range that I have tried.

1 Like

As of to this moment, my Favorite IEMs that I love using most of the time, would be the Moondrop Starfields and BLON BL03s. Yes, two of them because holy shit it’s hard to choose a single one for daily use between the two of them because both have their charms in terms of sounds. If I just want to chill and get that neutral goodness, Starfields. But if I want fun, a bit of bass to some songs I love and be all awake? BLON BL03s no doubt.

My former favorite is the Tin T2s but it’s still a good one to listen to along with the ZS10 Pros but the Starfields and BL03s kick those two’s asses at the same time in terms of the sounds I like.

Definitely the Campfire Audio Solaris :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still don’t think I have one…way too moody me and so is my music lol…oh that reminds me, source and source synergy has a massive impact on what you’ll hear from your IEM…and don’t even mention cables and tips ffs :grimacing:

Hyla turned me into a reformed IEM fan. Even purged a lot of my headphone gear in the process :cold_face:

1 Like