What is your profession?

Just found this which amalgamates my two hobbies

3 Likes

Was doing art design and photography but now I grow trees. :wink:

5 Likes

Playa. Donā€™t hate.

I have a degree from an art school, audiophile gear isnā€™t beautiful by chance.

2 Likes

when oneā€™s vocation coincides with oneā€™s avocation, thatā€™s when magic happens

4 Likes

Yep! Definitely Counts!

1 Like

Hope you get to drink some of it too!

Healthcare Revenue Cycle Consultant here (but have a degree in Information Systems)

1 Like

We call it ā€œtastingā€. :innocent:

1 Like

Data Analyst, not a particularly important one, but one none the less. My job involves listening, kinda one of the reasons for my resurgent interest in audio the last few years. Also, I am a professional Fā€“K up as well so lets do break out the mind altering substances and see where the music takes us ehh? :wink: :smiley:

5 Likes

Do you guys like what you do? I LOVED car audio since we were a high end shop and did a lot of custom work. But pay was just meh. Home theater money was slightly better but the job wasnā€™t as interesting. Software - great money but Iā€™m burnt out on both the work and the corporate idiocy. Thinking of becoming a monk.

6 Likes

Monk will sound great until you find out you canā€™t fuck or masturbate

1 Like

Also @M0N amateur salesman?

3 Likes

I didnā€™t say Iā€™d be a model monk :joy:

More like 9-5.

2 Likes

9-5 is always great. Good to let ur guard down and take of that chastity belt once I a while

2 Likes

That is disrespectful He is a Pro Salesman.

4 Likes

Musician/teacherā€¦Retired (we never really do.)
PS I do make cranberry/orange scones!

5 Likes

Freelance artist, here! Iā€™ve done a bit of everything, though. I used to be the IT support person at a university HR office, I was an assistant teacher for a while and substitute teacher. Retail. Cooking (not pastries). But the underlying thread of all of that was artist, heh. Being freelance is a pain in the ass so Iā€™ve had other jobs over the years to make it work. Right now Iā€™m a farmer??? Yeah, go figure.

3 Likes

I did three years in Car Audio sales/install at Ye Olde Circuit City. Twas fun. Also left a more stable Credit Union career after almost a decade to do what I love. Doing what you love is rewarding, motivating. Up to the individual to determine if the dollars make cents.

4 Likes

I certainly used to like it much more beforeā€¦ I am half hearted looking for a new job, but since i donā€™t hate my job, and my co-workers are a great bunch, i get very picky. Also, my current job has some days and weekends with inconvenient working hours, and not a very high salary, so if i where to change job those two must have better terms than i have right now.

Also, the workplace where i work now is undergoing big changes, so it would probably be smart to wait for the outcome of those to see if things improve or get worse before jumping on any decisions. Probably would know the outcome of that mid 2021, and with luck the whole Covid situation will also improve by then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m just too new for this, but Iā€™m really happy overall. Need to make some choices the next few years, but working with R&D is incredible for me. Is like bringing ideas to existence, itā€™s cool. IDK, maybe Iā€™ll return to this question in a few years. Huahuahua

1 Like