What is your profession?

Or maybe you’ll always like it :man_shrugging:t2: everybody’s different

1 Like

I repair weird airground vehicles

12 Likes

That looks like a lot of fun. Go for many joy rides in those?

Depends :smiley:
Sometimes i take a ride on the airground for testing purposes or so and enjoy the airground chaos
And its actually fun ( not always for sure), way better than just normal car maintenance stuff imo, we cant just use a laptop to find out whats the issue, we have to do it manually most of the times.

Edit: I think I misunderstood joyrides. But actually, it’s somewhat fun to drive these things. They are not very fast for sure, but they are fun to ride.

3 Likes

Can that shit do a donut?

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: only on ice :rofl:

4 Likes

IT Tech support turned retail salesman for an audio / video store, turned Bachelors (not finished) in Japanese, Linguistics & Chinese / Japanese History. Now working as an Undergraduate Nurse in Psychiatric Care / Criminal Care. I certainly didn’t envision myself here 15 years ago lol

5 Likes

Holy crap. You’ve jumped around. I’m heading in the same direction lol.

1 Like

Yeah it’s been a bit of a ride. Job offer 4-5 years ago, asked if I wanted to work a summer here at the clinic. Been stuck since. Sometimes I wish I was working with equipment rather than people, easier to fix :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Art school grad with literally “no major declared” on my diploma (story on its own)
PC help desk guy to junior server/network guy to IT middle management for server/storage/network ops in a grad school
Downsized out of my position
Been trying to figure out what the hell to do next for some time since I emphatically do not want to go back into IT.

2 Likes

30year journeyman HVAC tech… seen a lot of ideas come and go with the evolution of this profession

5 Likes

I’m in the exact same boat. It’s actually why I started the thread. To get some ideas lol.

I sell software for Yelp, for those not in the US, its a review website. I specifically sell reservations, remote line entry SaaS and Advertising.

2 Likes

I’ve been fortunate that I’ve been allowed the opportunity to practice my passion/craft for information systems and infrastructure, which has become my career going on 30+ years now (damn, kids might say I fart dust…).

It’s been a heck of a ride. I went through the dot com boom & bust, I’ve worked for start-ups, large publicly traded corporations, and even state/local governments along the way. My roles have changed as experience levels increased, and result of the dynamic nature of the field as a whole but, I continue to report up through the IT organization.

I’m going to adlib and take some ques from the band “Rush” and summarize like so:
I’m just a simple workingman. I get up at 7:00 AM, I VPN in by 9:00 – I got no time for living, because I’m working all the time…

7 Likes

But they also say that Time Stands Still, so I’m not sure if they can be trusted :laughing:

5 Likes

Got me…
:rofl:

1 Like

Graphic Designer, Instructional Designer, and so on.

I’ve got a small amount of what I consider high end audio, and looking to expand / change up my setup a little. I have some of the lower two tiers of B&W speakers, powered by an Onkyo Integra, and I love the depth and warmth of the setup. But haven’t heard a lot of other things enough to make a good comparison.

2 Likes

A fellow pixel pusher! Glad to have you here!

Ah, nice to meet you too Makua

BS / MS in Exercise Physiology, former Strength and Conditioning Coach. Recently made a career change and now work as Product Manager.

2 Likes