What Items Should I BUY to Review? || Zeos

Ollo S4X
Austrian Audio Hi-X65

Hey Z, I would like to see you audition the new Topping 90 series stuff, like the LA90 power amp and the PRE 90. Thank you for your consideration.

Hey Zeos, ATC speakers/montors, not sure how much of your budget you can spare, none of them are cheap. Suggest one of the 3 way designs - SCM40?. I’ve been told their Soft Dome mid-range driver is world class - would be great to have your review to confirm or deny, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would like to see you do something from AIYIMA, since they have really affordable speaker amps that would nie for people new to the audio hobby :slight_smile:

Not an audio product although it has audio component, but nevertheless I think you’ll get a kick out of it, review OSSC (open source scan converter)

Dali speakers

4 Likes

I am super curious how the gaming headset landscape is looking these days, especially wireless gaming headsets lol. Have they gotten better, worse, stagnant? These are just some off the top of my head.

1. Razer Blackshark v2 pro wireless
  2. Corsair HS80
  3. Astro A50 Gen 4
  4. Steelseries Nova Pro Wireless
  5. Hyper X cloud 2 wireless
4 Likes

Very curious about these:

1. UM MEST MKII
  2. Bang & Olufsen Beoplay EX (TWS earbuds that got a lot of hype online)
  3. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heavys/heavys-headphones-engineered-for-heavy-metal/description
2 Likes

Pro audio dacs
Its probably way too pricey compared with the amount of gear you could get for the money but it would be interesting to see stuff like Dangerous Convert 2, Crane Song solaris, and Burl B2 bomber be compared in a Pro audio shootout. The Dangerous music source could also be probably thrown in cause its an interesting combo unit.

or something like the Original Voice 97max would be hella interesting and annoying to import from china

It apparently could be something like a hifiman susvara clone

1 Like

Gustard R26 is a new R2R Dac that has recently been released.
Singxer Sda 6 DS Dac.

Some streamers wouldn’t go amiss either.
Like Mano ultra from Magnahifi,Project S2 streamer,Volumio streamer.

There should also be a streamer from Atoll as well as headphone amplifiers.

The two new Cayin headphone amplifiers would be interesting, and maybe the SS amp they still have.
Denis Had tube amplifiers.

Maybe some Psu power supplies could be interesting for the community.

3 Likes

I’m going to second this. The Susvara has, so far, been a no show on your desk and that needs to be remedied. But you also get in touch with Woo Audio and get the WA33 in, or get the Oor/Hypsos stack back in to review it on.

2 Likes

DIY, speaker kit.
GR Research and/or CSS Audio

2 Likes

Sup Z

1. This may be the answer to the Klipsch THX-6000-LCR. OSD Black Studio Monitor/On-Wall Speaker S-85BLK https://www.amazon.com/OSD-Black-Monitor-Speaker-Woofers/dp/B08FF9V9C1

2. The poor man’s Klipsch Forte. Transpuls 1500 Floorstanding Speaker Transpuls 1500 Floorstanding Speaker | Magnat US

4 Likes

Hi, I’d be really interested in a review of the Avantone Planar (Amazon link).

Ok, I’m the realm of things I’m pretty sure you could get for free, I’d love your take on the Emotiva MC1. It’s the $1k replacement for your MC700 surround processor.

Also on the free tip, I’d love to see you review the latest version of Volumio. It should load right up on your Pihat. It’s come a long way from it’s early buggy form(don’t even ask what it was like when it was Raspyfi). The shortest most crude description of it would be a poor man’s Rune. Some of the premium features are behind a paywall subscription but one month of it is reasonable or you could use the free version to just get a test.

Now for stuff you’d have to buy.

Up in Canada there is an audio company called Wolf Ear Audio and they make some interesting tube amps(for both speakers and headphones)and preamps.

Personally I’m a sucker for single driver loudspeakers. Omega has been making them for a long time. Check them out.

Also, Halford Loudspeakers is a speaker manufacturer and Hifi shop right here in Memphis. They make both single driver and multi-way speakers. Good stuff but still small and no reviews yet.

My first tube amp was from the company Jolida back in the mid 90 s. Now they are called Black Ice Audio and they have some sweet stuff.

Quicksilver Audio is another(surprise!)tube audio brand. They have a semi exspensive tube headphone amp out now that I’d love to see a review on.
http://quicksilveraudio.com/

I know a lot of us are looking for more Grado reviews.

Ok, so as to have at least one non tube suggestion, the Digital Amplifier Company’s Cherry Amps have generated a lot of good buzz out there.

If you can get your hands on one of the Soekris dacs, I’d love to see a review on them. Madhouse has been selling them.

Ok, that’s enough weirdness from me today.

3 Likes

Yesss! I forgot about the Magnat Transpulse! Those need a Z Review for sure.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I’ve been using an audio interface from Focusrite’s Scarlett’s line as a Dac(and as a ADC)for my system for awhile now. I’m digging it and it might provide a versatile and affordable solution to many out there. We’d love to hear what you think of them. The cheapest ones are USB only sadly but mine has coax in and out.

Pioneer VM-80 Speakers

2 Likes

Audeze LCD-XC

1 Like

Good call. Zeos never had Dalis. He’s really missing out on some great speakers IMO

1 Like