What video games are you playing?

Another game to try if you want more like Doom Eternal is ULTRAKILL. It feels very similar but has its own unique style. I’ve put about 200 hours in Doom and 100 in ULTRAKILL.

If you enjoyed the first Metro game then you’ll love Exodus. It still has the claustrophobic metro systems but also has great open maps that still feel like they all fit together with the theme imo. My only complaint is that it managed to trigger both my arachnophobia and thalassophobia. But thankfully only occasionally, so I was able to finish it lol.

1 Like

Oh no I hate spiders!!! How bad is it? :cold_face:

Oh right then you must be like those guys pulling crazy combos… any tips for the newbie :P? Do you cycle through your weapons with they keyboard or with the wheel? There are so many and I can’t figure out how people can instantly pull the shoty for the winch. Like is it just luck or are you precisely switching to that weapon?

I pretty much just enjoy driving Automobilista 2 on the PC. I’ve spent a fair amount of time the last two days in the newly released GTE cars and accompanying tracks.

2 Likes

A good game that can trigger arachnophobia is Limbo. If you have that phobia it can get quite scary.

2 Likes

The spiders are VERY bad, but it’s only for one area and only required for one “dungeon”.

For weapon swapping I recommend using the keyboard. It will take some time and practice to get used to dancing your fingers around, but it’s worth it. I tend to put the super shotgun on one of the mouse thumb buttons so it’s always easily accessible.

Edit: I also have launch grenade bound to mouse wheel up and flame belch bound to mouse wheel down. This helps to free up more keys for weapons.

2 Likes

Definetly something I want to try with the wheel!

Thanks for the tips, I will take a better look into the key bindings to put to gether something good.

Since it’s a side scroller I imagine for me it would make me feel a bit more safe in comparison to an fps.

Valorant
Valorant
Valorant
Maybe a bit too much valorant

Battlefield ( Hype Hype)
Sometimes Insurgency Sandstorm
COD Modern Warfare

But my main game since nearly 2 years is Escape from Tarkov.
Best Shooter ever, despite its problems. Cant stop playing after nearly 2000hours playtime. It still manages to pump adrenalin through my veins. Its the only game that manages to get me to the highest highs only to bring me down to the bottom seconds later. Its unforgiving hardcore nature is what keeps me addicted.

1 Like

World of Warcraft TBC classic

1 Like

regarding Automobilista 2, a wheel is (for me at least) a must have… guess a controller would do, but i feel you lose immersion without a wheel… Also Automobilista 2 is great in VR (imho Iracing and Automobilista 2 are the two titles i use that have the best VR implementation, better than Assetto Corsa /competizione and RaceRoom Racing Experience)

1 Like

Now that Ive got a decent PC I can’t wait to buy a VR headset as well! But between this and upgrading the wheel and my headphones I just need to be a little patient :P. What wheel do you have? What do you think about Automobilista vs Asseto?

FYI since the game’s release, Logitech wheels have been kind of finicky with Automobilista2. It may all be good now but there has been precedent for Logitech-specific tweaks being needed earlier on in the game’s release. You may want to do a bit of research in advance and set aside sufficient time to try things so you get a refund within Steam’s window if things don’t work out for you.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the heads up! :+1:

I have a thrustmaster tc-pc with the t3pa pro pedals and a th8a shifter (also have a fanatec handbrake), and it works very good with all of the sims i use. That said, i do usually fiddle a bit with the settings when trying a new sim, but i guess you have to do that with most wheels…

I did have a logitech g27 before that, and the Thrustmaster feels more solid, has more powerfull feedback, and faster “reaction” (might be because of the extra strenght in the FF that it feels “faster”…hard to explain). The pedals also feels more substantial than the Logitech ones. The shifter took a bit getting used to as it has an “extra” gate compared to what the Logitech had, but it also feels more solid. And the Thrustmaster should feel more solid and be of higher quality, as it costs over the double when i bought it compared to new Logitech (g29 at the time i bought the Thrustmaster setup).

As for Automobilista vs assetto corsa, i enjoy automobilista 2 more than Assetto Corsa, as i feel driving the cars on the edge feels more “natural” in automobilista 2. Also, the VR experience, at least for me, is better in Automobilista 2, and i enjoy driving in VR so much more than on my monitor that for the choise is easy :slight_smile: Iracing feels a bit more realistic than both perhaps and have the most choise when it comes to online racing. But it comes at the cost of monthly fee in addition to buying the content - and in Iracing it is very competetive and you need to put in more practice and a more “serious” effort to be half desent, so it is probably not the best choice for all i think.

1 Like

You mean the TS PC right? I have this setup with the 488 rim on my wishlist, it looks great.

Yea I get it, I can tell from videos where people are drifting its much faster/instant then the logitech ones.

Does oversteer feel comofrtable in Automobilista? Do you drift at all? Asseto is my favorite because oversteer and correcting feels very natural.

Probably, not at home to check right now, so i probably got the lettering confused… :slight_smile:

It came with an “formula racing wheel” and i bought the Ferrari f599 add-on wheel a while after to get a “normal round wheel” (think that wheel is discontinued from Thrustmaster now, or at least it hasn’t been available around where i live in a while)

1 Like

I don’t really drift, but i do like the way the cars oversteer in automobilista. But with oversteer, i mean that you can catch the rear when it steps out when pushing on track. Never really tried to drift much (other than driving the RX cars in Project Cars 2, with a handbrake :smiley: ) , but those smaller correction you have to make when pushing the car to the limit feels more natural for me in automobilista. In assetto corsa i feel that i often end up overcorrecting, making you correct your correction :stuck_out_tongue:

I do tend to prefer a car with a strong front end, biting into the corners, as i feel its more fun and enjoyable to manage a loose rear end rather than fight understeer throughout the corners… but i am no Chris Harris when it comes to sliding the car around :slight_smile:

1 Like

I mean… the man is a legend :laughing:

Anyway great stuff! I really can’t wait to join the club (the thrustmaster club, also the vr club :P) !

I am sold on the game as well so I will be looking for a nice sale now.

Yeah you end up going faster too most of the time but lots of front wheel drive cars can be fun as well. Especially in real life. But understeering can be vary scary at times :stuck_out_tongue:

Overall, I agree with @Knutmh regarding oversteer and the ability to catch it in Automobilista 2 (AMS2). That said, I also do not drift.

IMO, it’s hard to make a blanket statement judgement about Automobilista 2. The title overall is more or less a never-ending work in progress. To the developer’s credit, they readily state as much. The impressions of physics at any current time can’t really be compared to how the game was at any time more than its most recent preceding update.

More directly relevant perhaps, this nature of how work is conducted on the title also means that physics development and tweaking doesn’t necessarily get applied equally across all cars included in the game. So somebody may have an impression that a particular physics characteristic of car A is spot-on while somebody else may think that the same thing with car B isn’t good. Usually that doesn’t apply to something as significant as general oversteer/understeer characteristics but it is a possibility.

2 Likes

Been slowly playing my way through FFXIV, about to hit critically acclaimed expansion Heavensward.

Apart from that, Hades on Switch, a little bit of Days Gone, and I recently modded my Vita and have been playing Liquid Crystal version on that, which has been a lot of fun.

1 Like