What's the worst headphone, ear bud, iem, or whatever you've ever listened to and post a pic if you can

Was going to post a pic of mine. Worst headphone I’ve ever heard. Horrible.

1 Like

Me: Looks at Breath of The Wild edition a10 from my pre-audiophile days

I got it on sale for like $35, which is decent for a headset with a mic and “decent” audio performance.

What I mean by “decent” is more like average, which isn’t great by our standards. However, I will say that the bass on the a10’s is a little boomy, but otherwise is pretty tight. Other than that it’s kinda trash audio performance. However they are way better than my worst post, also the black with minor gold zelda details is pretty sharp looking. I think they went for $50-70, which I don’t think the value is there, but it’s kinda decent for $35.

Never tried turtle beach, but they look like there just as bad as all the other “gamer” headsets.

I mean for 35 they’d probably be decent, I have no qualms with such pricing. But I’m thinking more of their “high-end” ones, the sound quality is almost inversely proportional to the cost.

Like K4sh1ma mentioned about the relationship being like that of Razer and THX. Since Samsung owns Harman, and Harman owns AKG, Samsung got to just slap AKG’s name on it, expecting boosted sales from the name recognition.

Well? That is when Samsung was a bit… Explosive.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I totally get you with that statement and I still remember lol :laughing: Note 7

Haha my friend had a pair of shures that would break like that back in the day. Maybe the same one. I remember the hifiman re-0 as well and wanted to try that pair when it came out after reading impressions on Headfi.

it’s not as enjoyable with the laughter is forced… :crazy_face:

I know :cry:

1 Like

Aw yeah, new worst for me. They came in the mail today:

Unfortunately they just highly resemble the pair that terminates into dual mono 3.5mm. This pair terminates into a regular 3.5mm, but comes with a dual mono 3.5mm adapter.

Let’s get into why it’s bad. To start out with the fact that there are zero creature comforts:

Busting them open we come to the first problem, the wire isn’t attached anywhere accept the actual driver. So every movement can be heard when the wire jiggles around in the hollow enclosure. The solution they came up with to prevent ripping the wire off the driver from just pulling them out of your ear is apparently by tying a knot close to the driver.

The tips are terrible, they don’t sit very far in the ear. They also make terrible noises when inserted. Replacing them with foam tips make for a much better experience, and improves the sound slightly.

The cable is bad, but typical. There is no y splitter thingy, so the wire peels apart after about the first two inches from the earbuds themselves.

Now the sound… words can’t describe the sounds that are now trapped in my mind so I’ll let this video do it for me ( WARNING: TURN DOWN VOLUME!!! ):

Nearly the entire low to mid range is muddier than anything I’ve ever heard. The highs are anywhere from surprisingly on point to super harsh and painful, so basically all over the place.

The one good thing I can say is the adapter to dual mono is surprisingly solid feeling. However it is rough getting the regular 3.5mm plug in and out. I’m glad I decided to use these garbage earbuds to test the insertion because it visibly chewed up the 3.5mm a little after just one insertion. I tested the after to see if the remained in working condition. They did :tada:, but I wouldn’t trust it to continue to work after multiple insertions into the adapter. In fact using my aging phone’s touchy headphone jack it only worked in very select positionings of the plug after 100 in and out insertions of the adapter. The reliability of them working degraded progressively as I abused the poor plug taking it in and out of the adapter to my phone and then repeating.(I tried to kill it, but gave up because I didn’t want to ruin the headphone jack on the phone. Not sure how/if 3.5mm jacks are protected from shorts)

That’s a new worst. The painfully harsh highs and incredibly muddy low end is similar to other bad listening experiences I’ve had, just not quite this bad. I tried them “open-back” after tearing apart the housing and they sounded worse, so apparently some tuning went into these. Voices sounded off for sure, but they were easy to understand, so they at the very least “work”.

2 Likes

idk, it seems like they have a finished product and send a prototype to AKG dep. to get their opinion, AKG responds with… “The tuning is right, BUT…” and Samsung pretends they didnt hear the but and proceeds to manufacture the set.

Those are the things that you just buy a couple of and throw in your box o’ - cables! At some point you may well need one.

Sennheiser HD-820.

1 Like

300usd turtle beach wireless from 10 years ago, WIRELESS 10 YEARS AGO

I ordered these in order to mod my Koss KSC75s with the headband mod, I got curious at the time and decided to hear on how BAD are these.

Much to my dismay I should not have listened to a lot of cool shit with these on for a bit and oh my fucking god these are fucking shit! Makes me wanna vomit on how blunt and boring these sound!

No bass, no mids, no treble, no detail, no soundstage, like only sound and that’s it.