What's the worst headphone, ear bud, iem, or whatever you've ever listened to and post a pic if you can

The Sennheiser HD 630VB.

Purchased these from Zeos Pantera in his yard sale. These are the worst Sennheisers. I doubt many have experienced negative sound stage. It sounds like the sound is coming from inside your head.

2 Likes

Yeah i think these were the airline standard plug. I had a converter from radio shack to make my headphones work with those plugs. Thankfully they stopped using those.

1 Like

I understand. when I looked at the picture it was blurry / out of focus. that tells me those headphones were likely out of phase, which is why they sounded like crap.

I bought a set of those for $1 or $2. They’re for lawn mowing. Holy flakes! It’s unreal.
I’ll have to try pad-rolling them someday.
Also worth mentioning is the ridiculously thin whispy dual-entry fixed cables on them.
I have fallen asleep with them on.

:sparkling_heart: :rofl: :sparkling_heart:

I tried these in my ears and that time I was using my aunt’s since it came with her Galaxy Note 8 back then. I wasn’t impressed by the sounds of it for to me they are more like off-branded earphones but with AKG’s name on it kind of similar to Razer’s method of putting THX’s name on their Opus headphones and those are shit.

I think the only good thing about this is the mic quality but sounds, they are meh and I just basically pretended to be impressed to not piss my aunt off lol.

Also to add what is the worst headphone that I have ever tried in my life? would be this!

Fucking pathetic of pieces of shit garbage, the sound sucks, mic is shit to me, build quality does not last you long at all and most of all, it’s one of those usual label of a gaming headset and that is being shit! Never again I will buy one of these and I wish I have the ability to go back in time to bitch slap my younger self for buying these.

You could just bitch slap yourself right now though. Do it - you’ll feel better lol.

3 Likes

Behold! The TWS i7s

An actual waste of plastic and PCB. Bass was literally nonexistent. Mids were hollow, thin, metallic, quiet. Treble was quiet, grainy(?) and sibilant at the same time. The right ear was in English and the left ear was in Chinese. The case charged 2 times then stopped charging and the earpiece came apart after pulling it out of the case one day. 0/10 I’d rather sing to myself.

1 Like

I can tell how bad it sounds just by the finish of the plastic. Nothing of any quality is textured like that, looks like a dollar store pair of ear buds.

1 Like

It’s more than a bitch slap right now that’s for sure, and it’s called living today.

1 Like

The year was 2007. jays d-jays. My biggest disappointment. This was my transition to buying “pricier” iems back in the day and I felt burned. Around the same time I got the OG M50 so I was happy enough to forget about the d-jays when I had the m50 to blast sound into my eardrums.

D-jays sounded so bad to me that I didn’t even bother trying to sell them. I hated the thought of passing along something so bad. I might have them in a drawer somewhere hidden away. Hiding my shame away.

For the price, they are the worst to me. Jays D-Jays. Never again.

thats interesting, I noticed them yesterday in Crinacles ranking…

Idk if they made more tunings with the same housing, but I remember them (years ago) being basically the best “free” buds provided with a phone

Maybe it’s just me or maybe that was the time when I first have my set of Tin T2s and ZS10 Pros that the impression I got from the AKG Samsungs does not impress anymore. I mean if it’s good for the others then that’s good.

nothing worse than an overpriced gaming headphone like Astro or Turtle Beach with overprocessed congested 5.1 garbage.

my KPH30i for 20usd is leaps and bounds beyond what my 300usd gaming headsets ever were, objectively, oh how naive i were, thats what got me into audio because i kept thinking there had to be something better than that, man i spent a lot on gaming headsets before i discovered that good sound pretty much only came in headphones.

but i know there are supposedly exceptions to that, less so 10 years ago when i were all up in it, pretty much everything were garbage, think 5.1 with blutooth audio BUT 10 years ago! that will give you an idea

1 Like

awww…c’mon, nobody laughed? :frowning:

1 Like

Early Beats and even some current Beats were/are appallingly bad, especially for the money. Nothing but bloated, untuned bass for miles.

No point even mentioning the effect of the bass on the mids or highs because the bass completely eclipses both.

The most overrated earphone I’ve heard in the last year was the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro TWS earphone. Favorably reviewed and highly regarded by many, and the sound was terrible.

Artificial and sterile as hell. It’s almost like Anker sent teams of engineers into sealed rooms for a week, asked one group to tune bass, one to tune mids and one to tune treble with ZERO communication. Anker then took these three separate pieces, combined them into one earphone and marketed it.

Instead, the Liberty 2 Pros are like a bad rock supergroup. Impressive individual parts that sound like absolute shit together. The Chickenfoot of earphones. :slight_smile:

The K371 BT isn’t far behind, either. Gauzy, veiled mids. So odd considering the wired K371 is one of the most well-regarded, neutral, entry-level cans available. Universally praised. But AKG definitely lost something in the BT translation.

Sorry bud, guess not.

I find the Samsung/AKG buds pretty disappointing, at least the one that came with my Note 8. Tuning is alright but technical performance is so bad that it made me hesitant to try out other budget IEMs since I feared other IEMs would be so “in-my-head” like these. SSR is not the best tuned, but I like it much more than the freebies. Gonna try a B2 when it arrives, so I have that to look forward to.

1 Like

Oh man, I remember trying them (Astro and Turtle Beach headsets) at a local GameStop store. Made me wonder who even buys these, they cost a ton and sound just as bad as they look. In a similar ballpark we have the Razer ManO’War, those with the plasticky headband that broke so often that there’s tons of aftermarket replacements for them.

A mild chuckle.

There was an IEM from Supra that I bought a couple of years back when I was looking for a replacement of my broken Hifiman RE-0. I was disappointed to say the least. Reminded me of the old D-jays, I had a pair and I forgot I even owned them until I found the original box not long ago.

I used to have some nice-ish Shure IEM’s though back in the early 2000’s, can’t remember the name but they were in the $180-200 bracket I think. Sold them after some time as I wasn’t too keen on the fit, that and they had plastic nozzles that would break. They did have replacements included though so that was nice. The Hifiman RE-0 were the replacement and they lasted me for many many years, sadly broke at the time they were discontinued.

1 Like