Where can I get lossless music?

I have been using SwapaCD for many years. Basically, you list CDs you no longer want and get a credit for each CD you mail to another member. Every CD you request from another member will cost a credit. The site also gets a $0.49 fee for every CD you request.

I might have to try this out. How do they account for condition? And how is shipping handled? Is there a standard method?

The only policy on condition as that the disc must be playable without skipping.

CDs are typically mailed without the jewel case. The site gives an option to print a wrapper using two sheets of paper (most people add a bit of cardboard for protection). Then you apply postage as needed (Iā€™m not sure if you can buy postage through them at the moment). I personally ship CDs in the jewel case in a bubble mailer and I have a stamps.com account to buy postage.

If youā€™re patient, have a big wish list and moderate your expectations about selection and condition, itā€™s a pretty fun way to get your hands on CD for cheap. Iā€™ve received 1,415 CDs through SwapaCD over the years. Thatā€™s a pretty good chunk of my total ripped collection.

Iā€™ll have to try this out. I regularly pick up CDs at thrift stores for $1 each. I usually keep my very favorites, rip them all, then trade what I can to a local book store. I havenā€™t figured out what to do with the ones they donā€™t take but now Iā€™ve got another avenue to try out.

1 Like