Which $200-$300~ IEM to get?

Do they actually make any difference?
Or just for the looks and feel?

I mean 2,4,6,or 8 Cores?

Weight, looks, thickness, and depending on the brand flexibility.

As far as sound, I subscribe to resistance can effect some IEMs but the rest not so much theory of IEM cables.

I am aware of that, but I mean to the sound

So should I pay attention to the resistance?

Lower resistance is better? Sorry I am noob when it comes to cables

Riku is about to answer far better then I probably could.

2 Likes

If you are using a sensitive iem, yes. (multi-BAs are a big offender.)

But not all iems are sensitive and in most cases, they wont have any differences at all.

Lower resistance is seen as higher quality, but for a sensitive iem that will have FR changes it depends on how it responds to it. Some will have less treble at lower resistances, some completely the opposite.

6 Likes

Thank you for your explanation :pray:

2 Likes

I’m starting to think about MK2! But the game will end and it won’t be so interesting, or maybe it won’t end … :wink:

Im not buying mk2. Fuck that iem. Sucks.

I wont buy it.

Right?

Yes. Do not. There are many more IEMs to try :))))

Try both versions…

@nymz

Lol there are JP, and international versions!

What are the differences between them? 🤦

1 Like

On mest or?

1 Like

Yeah the MEST🥴

They mentioned the color, 2pin socket, Dual vent, and the nozzles are different from the international version. :thinking:

Edit:

I found something on Head Fi

Yeah, JP is slight better quality of life and fits better I think. Keep in mind that’s about the Mest OG or Mk1.

I don’t know much about Mest OG. I demoed Mest OG and Mk2, didn’t found much difference, but I’m still geting Mk2 prolly.

1 Like

Among so many reasons I won’t go into because I’ll write a book, I personally feel what they are doing and what they have been doing is complete highway robbery. $1,1000.00 for this? And an army of sheep followers???

3 Likes

Thank you for your explanation :pray:

So there is no Mest mkii Japanese version? Only one version?

I am only asking cuz it is my next IEM.

XINHS is #1 in my book. I don’t think I will buy anything else now until I talk to him and even have him make custom stuff for me. HIs prices and quality are unmatched.

3 Likes

Can’t argue with that🤗

It is my fault tbh I should ask him before I purchased the 8 Cores.

Hey! I love his 8 core heavy cables! I’m offended! :crazy_face:

I have a few 8 core graphene cables for some of my IEMs but in general I do prefer the 4 core graphene more. They seem to be the perfect weight and flexibility for what I want.

1 Like

I think for Mk2 there’s only International or Custom. Don’t worry about it :slight_smile:

1 Like