Who are your favorite female vocalists

I got obsessed with this song a while ago. Reminds me of much of the ‘Drive’ sound track:

Aurora, very angelic

1 Like

Wow, no mention of Ella Fitzgerald anywhere in this thread…

1 Like

Elle king Esperanza spalding judith hill.

Just released today 5/4/21. What do you choose to focus on today?

2 Likes

Victory is at hand, one can only hope.
Also, crack is whack.

2 Likes

Emma Stevens - Gold Rush

Great song that was featured in this animated short: Gildedguy Gets Up - Origin Story #0 (Full Animation) - YouTube

Bjork

Rokia Traoré

3 Likes

Going back a ways… Phoebe Snow

1 Like

Cant say my favorite but gene from audioholics says this is a audiophile artist that is awesome upmixed to surround sound.

Dominique fils-aime

Also i heard annie lennox on the ending credits of a sopranos ep. And the bass sounded awesome.

1 Like

The sister Gracie from Lawrence.
Both brother Clyde and Gracie have phenomenal and unique R&B vocals; Gracie particularly has ridiculous range.

I’d say Diva is one of my ten or so favorite albums from the 90’s and that was an exceptional decade for music.

1 Like

Regina Spektor has a great voice, I’m also a big fan of Simone Simons (from Epica) Floor Jansen (from Nightwish) they’re incredible vocalists… Also the current vocalists for Nocturna are pretty good…

1 Like

Lianne La Havas

1 Like

This would’ve been fantastic to discover during the pandemic, but it’s never too late. :two_hearts:

OK, that video seems to be out of commission now (copy still up). Fortunately Айым is back to recording a lil something here and there. Hopefully a full album in the not too distant future?

Sheryl Crow
She may not be the best pure singer, but she’s solid. Also, I respect that she writes her own music and plays almost all her own instruments. Lots of musical talent.

Alison Moyet. I may like many/other female vocalists, but I can say her without hesitation. The og Adele imho.

I also like Kane Brown’s voice, i love Bury Me in Georgia song