Who here is using the Khadas Tone Board?

Be pretty cool to see this new design of his compared to the tone board to see if it $300 better or it just has a $300 case…

1 Like

I think the real successor of the KTB will be his budget one in the works. The LA-QXD1.

1 Like

Now for the $1M question. How does it sound and compare to other $100 dacs?

the KTB is considered the most neutral sounding for the price. followed by the D10 as the second best option for neutral sound.

Thats awesome news. Do any of you own the FX Audio dac x6? Would like to know how it compares to that dac

I haven’t heard the FX dac x6. Implementations could be different but the X6 uses the CS4398 chip which is also on the Topping D30.

D10 uses the es9018k2m

KTB uses the ESS 9038q2m which is also used on the topping dx7s and d50.

Nothing wrong with a D10 and LS. You can look for comparisons of the D30 vs D10 to get a sense of differences, but it may not be exact.

Never knew the Fx had such a good dac in it or rather the d30 such a bad dac. Either way around. Lol

The d10 is cleaner and a bit more refined imo, although they are both pretty good

It’s more implementation rather than the actual chips used

Do agree with you. Just never regarded the chip in the fx audio to be on the same playing field than the D30 regardless of implementation. Always thought it had a shitty dac. Although it sounds very good to me. Thanx MON

I mean the dac x6 is decent overall and a step above motherboard audio, but a well designed dac and amp can really help

110% agree with you. I decided on the D10 after all. Rather going to put that extra funds towards the ZMF pads to futher the Aiva’s sound.

1 Like

I honestly think pad rolling will make a bigger difference than the d10 vs d50. But again thats just my 2cents

1 Like

Hi guys I need your info, i can get the Khadas tone board for the same money as the D10. I dont mind fancy screens and so on. Im a guy for what sounds better. Would you guys say the Khadas sounds better than the D10? Or to close to call.

Just get the d10. Don’t look back. It is more versatile, has more features like USB input / edit: spdif output and has a case. It would be too close to call anyway.

1 Like

Well it only has usb in, the spdif is spdif out

The Khadas has eithe usb in or coaxial in. And also has coaxial out. Mmmmmm

Im just going to say screw it and get the Khadas, with the case its $10 more than the D10. Will report back once I receive it.

1 Like

Nice, curious to hear your thoughts :+1:

Very excited for this. Thanx guys

1 Like