Who here is using the Khadas Tone Board?

Welcome to the KTB club. Where did you get it where with the case. Just curious.

Amazon, they sell the case seperate but will receive both at once if that makes sence. And its not the original Khadas Case. But more than adequate imo.

3 Likes

very nice. give that a nice paint job (clear acrylic? yuck!) and wunderbar!

Was thinking the same thing, going to look for a paint the same color as the LS.

Whats the difference between the generic one with the pins and the one without the pins?

The pins are for use with the VIM. Which is a Khadas competitor of the raspberry pi.

Generic is fine for use solely as a DAC

So either one, they are the same just with extra lins for the VIM? Sweet will get the cheapest one with the least shipping and taxes lol.

That is the case I bought for my KTB, it looks good, but it does not fit together well.

The KTB sounds good, but it requires a special driver to be installed, most other devices do not.

How do you mean does not fit together well? And on other forums thetl guys say the windows drivers are better than the XMOS drivers. So not to bothered by drivers.

It was a very tight fit and required flexing to get all sides on it. A few ot the tabs broke from the pressure once assembled. I ended up with Top, Bottom, Front and Back only.

I am not sure what Windows drivers you are talking about. I have 3 win10 computers, had to install the XMOS driver on all. Even the documentation and website say you have to use that driver… It is not plug and play.

Will post the link once I find it

Read through that, think on page 6 or so they start talking about drivers

1 Like

Just ordered the KTB and this case for it.

I just built this HTPC and I was just going to use HDMI audio, but I’m getting audible popping while listening to music so hopefully outputting to the KTB via USB will solve it.

1 Like

KTB working great!

2 Likes

The deskmini looks good too

1 Like

I’m really excited about the successor to the Tone Board, the Khadas Tone 2 Pro. Luckily I saw this when I was just about to order an iem. Looks like my next purchase is going to be a desktop dac-amo, lol. ES9038Q2M, hardware level full MQA decoding, balanced RCA line-outs.
These have 3.5mm se and 4.4mm Balanced Headphone outs too but the power rating hasn’t been announced yet.

Overall, it looks like a very good deal even at the regular price($199). Khadas is releasing it on collaboration with HifiGo, with a early bird price of $169.

For anyone who’s interested, Khadas just updated the firmware and driver for the original Tone Board:
It’s a little fiddly to install, but not too bad - it didn’t take me long to do.

1 Like
1 Like