Who is unsatisfied with Z / DMS reviews?

No, I haven’t. I’ve always wanted to hear a he6 (preferably being powered by a nuclear power station), as they have a noticeably large fan base. Is the SE variant similar to it? As I have a greater chance to get ahold of one them. It’s really frustrating as the sundara is very proficient for its price range (even at its old price), I just can’t care for its tonality. I can understand why it’s the perfect headphone for many if your less sensitive to its delivery, or better yet, enjoy a analytical signature. I currently own a12t’s which are used in live performances, but they certainly don’t sound like what I would imagine pro gear would (certainly wouldn’t call it a “reference” sound), so I guess it varies even in the professional space.

I owned an original he6 and now recently bought an he6se and they are pretty much the same except for the pads and the headband, but they sound very very close. Still takes the same power though. The a12t is pro gear lol and sounds like a stage monitor/ mixing monitor, pretty great. Studio gear doesn’t really sound super similar, except the fact that they would be aiming for a flat freq response

1 Like

When it come to this forum I’m most definitely satisfied with them… it’s fantastic! Normally I rarely comment on YouTube and head fi. I will go months without saying anything, but here I talk every other day. People respond to my questions and I give answers to anything that I’m informed on, I have nice discussions with people on hear about audio. I don’t bother with YouTube and head fi, they don’t speak. This is a way better forum.

6 Likes

They preach lol ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

lol I like this forum a lot most people are friendly an tend to watch themselves not a lot of hate towards other peoples tastes in headphones and such and tend to a have alot more focus on the subjective end of things unlike headfi I find is quick to look at measurements or just outright shut people down. there is less elitisism on this forum and it’s more encouraging and more welcoming. mainly cause it’s new and I guess it’s just the type of fanbase Z and DMS has cultivated. fans that are consious on taste and prices. rather thna those who only focus on summit fi or high fi

4 Likes

Ha haaaa! Yes they dooo!

One dude last November told me on YouTube my opinion is fake and discarded, cause I said the msr7’s and sivga 007’s are better. We went back and forth for some time, but it got quite heated. If you want to read it go to Z’s sivga 005 & 007 video and look for derek McCoy, the fool is Gray au.

That’s the largest convo I had on youtube…

Lol I wish my largest convo was as meneal as that mine was more political sadly

I have never posted a comment on youtube because it has always been a dumpster-fire :sunglasses:

5 Likes

That is very much true YouTube is the type of comment section where no matter the opinion the person commenting has to be right.

1 Like

Yes it is, yes it is…most definitely.

That’s why I rarely speak. They say cooler heads prevail, no heads prevail over there.

1 Like

The only purchase that I’m not satisfied with that I made only because zeos and dms recommend was the kph30i. These are just way to warm and vailed for my taste. Everything else I feel zeos was pretty spot on.

For reference the other things I bought on recommendation from zeos are DT770, TR-X00 PH, tin HiFi P1, tin HiFi T2, little bear b4, topping NX4, xDuoo xd-05, and even though I bought them before finding zeos I overall agree with his review of the HD58X. I don’t actually watch dms much but overall I agree with most of his reviews.

To be honest if you are just taking someone’s opinion as fact your using reviews wrong. You need to figure out what that reviewer likes and compare that to what you do and don’t like. Then you find a few other reviewers to get a good consensus. But in the end it all comes down to if you like what you get.

That statement in itself is wrong lol

Yeah. But some people think, “hey, this Z guy has a lot of subs so he must the audio Jesus. I’ll just buy whatever he says.” and then get upset when they don’t like what they basically blindly bought. People are weird.

honestly hard for the innexperienced to do expecially if they are new to a hobby. but really sucks when you do fall victim to it. I used to think the m50x were the best headphones in terms of value and no could tell me other wise caus eMKBHD said it so it must be true. then I heard them and immidiately hated them and sent them back to amazon and got a pair of dt 990’s instead and say what you will I fucking love these cans.

Lol, I just expect that response with most people. I make sure to word everything I say as my opinion and what I think to avoid someone looking at this forum and just buying something that I may have recommended to someone in an older thread taking what I said as subjective fact or something. The last thing I would want to do is screw someone over or have them spend money because of only one opinion. And I am no prominent figure or reviewer, just someone who has dove too far into this hobby lol. I kinda say just because you don’t think of yourself as an influencer or reviewer or expert or authority figure or etc., chances are someone might, so make sure to word what you say as opinion not fact. Just my opinion lol

2 Likes

z has a way of speaking that often makes him seem like a proper authority. he uses words like Best pretty often and people will take that and run with it without taking into account his comparisons and watching his opinions on other gear. his room is also unique lined with amps, cans and speakers everywhere and his library of reviews is huge compared to metal , joshua or DMS. to me Z is the guy with the most stuff and experience. he has tried the most and technically done the most but his style is not for those looking for big analytical reviews you watch metal 571 or read guys like crinacle for that. hes closer to someone like linus techtips presents more anecdotal truths and personal opinions in his reviews rather than numbers . while reviewers like crinacle and metal are like Gamers nexus and DMS and Joshua are like hardware canucks. i watch a lot of pc related content.

3 Likes

You are pretty prolific on these forums though. But yeah, it’s definitely best you state everything as opinion, especially with audio.