šŸ”· xDuoo MT-602

Sorry I canā€™t answer that ā€¦ My journey hasnā€™t arrive in places high above :joy:
Also I donā€™t know much about ohms and sensitivity, but Iā€™ve got Tin T2, T4, Blon BL-05s, QKZ VK4 and all of them have minimal to no buzz unless I reach for the unit and before touching. See if anyone else can chip in!

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t buy the unit to do this. The gain on the unit is really plentiful, there is some channel imbalance low on the pot, and it is fairly powerful. Youā€™d need to dial the input signal way back and I would not be confident not to get noise in IEM.

2 Likes

Thanks, as I thought. Guess thereā€™s not many options on the market, unfortunetly :frowning:

If you want to try a tube for iems I think little bear did make a portable amp that was suited for it
Just canā€™t remember the exact name x4 or similar if Iā€™m not wrong :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the Little Bear B4-X. Itā€™s right at the same price as mt-602. Some reported QC issues but it seems to garner a bit of praise. One thing it would have over the XDuo is itā€™s battery based power supply. No chance of ac line noise getting in. The minus side is it has a four hour runtime and it doesnā€™t seem to be able to run and charge at the same time.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, thst was also on my radar. Appreciate it!

Arrived yesterday

2 Likes

Hello friends,

Anyone here using MT-6022 with HD650? I was looking for recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Does this amp have too much power for an iOS device?

Use case:

• RCA to headphone jack adapter on the 602
  • Appleā€™s headphone dongle to RCA adapter
  • Playing music from iPhone for iPad.

The Koss Kph30i sounds really good on this baby.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand the question?
The ā€˜powerā€™ goes into your headphones, not into your iphone :wink:

I have a JDS Labs Element 2, and my iPad wonā€™t play music from it because itā€™s too much power for the iOS device. Iā€™m worried this amp will have similar issues playing with an iOS device.

So this amp would plug into my ipad or iphone via an Apple dongle, which would serve as my DAC. Wondering if this is a feasible setup.

Does that clarify my question?

The ELEMENT II is a DAC/AMP combo. Perhaps thereā€™s some compatibility issues using its DAC with IOS devicesšŸ¤Ø The MT-602 is only an AMP. No built in DAC. So you can either use a separate DAC, or lightening dongle->3.5->RCA->MT-602. The power of the AMP shouldnā€™t impact the source. If anything you could lower the volume on your IOS devices if you feel its too hot going into the AMP.

2 Likes

I think youre saying the Ipad is trying to provide power to the amp. Is your amp plugged into the wall socket or just to your ipad via the USB port?

If you need a device that will be powered by the ipad battery, the xduoo wont work for you. It doesnt run on USB power. Needs to be plugged into a socket as well as the ipad.

Thanks! I think this is the answer I was looking for.

2 Likes

Just tried this and it works absolutely fine iPhone dongle > RCA > Little Dot MKII > Phantoms

as @skian said and the MKII has :muscle:

PS you have to select other and not HP output when youā€™re prompted.

2 Likes

The MT-602 has itā€™s own powersource. So doesnā€™t draw any from the ipad

Just make sure you use the Apple Camera adapter if using an external DAC, also make sure the DAC is power on before connecting it to the iPad/iPhone.

Just to add the MT-602 also has a 3.5 aux in on the front as well if you donā€™t want to adapt to RCA

2 Likes

Noob question: what do the following terms even mean?

• RCA IN
  • RCA OUT
  • AUX IN