XDUOO XD-05 vs XDUOO XD-05 Plus

Mine has never poped, neither before or after I got the V5 installed and the battery drainage is not at a level I have noticed.
And yes, both things are not desireble.

Maybe I need to seat mine in the socket better? I felt like I put it in properly, but I was being gentle so maybe I didn’t push it in enough.

Could be, but I wouldn’t know if that can make it pop.

Mine doesn’t pop either when turning on or off.
Did yours do that with the stock op-amp?
There could be a firmware issue. I know earlier versions said “no single” when nothing was connected, but mine says “no signal” so i suspect there was a firmware upgrade along the way to fix a few things like that.

As far as the v5i, i find it smoother and just more beautiful sounding than the stock op-amp. And it doesn’t loose any detail in doing so. On its own the stock op-amp sounds fine, but in comparison the stock op-amp is a bit grainy. I feel a slightly larger sound stage with the v5i as well.

This is testing mostly with Aeon Closed RT and HE-560 v4

No poping with the stock op-amp. Mine does say “no single” when nothing is playing. Where would I get the new firmware and how would I install it?

New info that might help identify the cause of the popping, it still happens even when plugging/unplugging the mini-XLR connector on my hart audio cables.

Another update, I swapped back to the stock op-amp and it did not pop at all.

I also gave it a quick listen before putting the V5i-D back in and I think my initial impression was correct. The burson V5i-D is just clearer. It’s kind of like the Lawton driver side tune-up in that it’s a subtle change and not really a frequency response change, but it’s still noticable.

I found it to have a pretty big difference in terms of sound. The Burson op amp. It made the treble much smoother, improved imaging and separation alot. Tonality was better too. I believe that was really the main differences

Guys,
I have a question, not related to the topic (sorry) more related to the BRAND.

I want a new dac/amp and found this Xduoo XA-10 amezing spects( 2*ak4493 + Clase A amps, balanced output, xmos216 and more) but xduoo is new and I heard some problems with USB and other issues in the past with other products… they are NO reviews yet because the product is quite new ( a couple of unboxing videos and a short review on youtube but no more than that (I guess I will wait for a bit longer) Cost 479$$

so question: how many issues/problems did you have? would you give it a try ?
( I could get a E30+A50s from topping already tested by many users for that money)

The review will comes out!

1 Like

A lot of people here have xduoo stuff, mainly the xd-05 and variants, and I haven’t heard of problems from the Xduoo brand in particular. Heard of “aimpire” selling fake, lo-fi versions of the Topping D10, or topping amps breaking and ruining headphones ( :grimacing: ), but nothing from xduoo for now.

2 Likes

Love my Basic.

4 Likes

Does the xd05 basic or the plus have noticeable latency/jitter when it being used to play fps game like csgo? Or maybe yt video where people talk and the audio + the lip doesnt perfectly match/sync?

Also, do xd-05 basic uses xmos x208, the same as xd05 plus?

This might effect the latency

Currently own both old xd-05 and xd-05 plus. Xd-05 plus is much better and cleaner sound. Stunning performance for that money with xd-05 plus

Want to try opa2134 in a few days. Tried burson today, liked with 05 and did not with plus.

Interested is there any better options in sound quality under 500?:slight_smile:

Somebody compared already plus with bal version? Is it worth upgrade?:slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is no latency that I ever noticed if it’s wired. Even through the bluetooth there is often little noticeable latency. The xd-05 basic is the best option for desktop use since it has the battery bypass switch so you can power it directly with the charger instead of charging the battery 24/7.

1 Like

The xd05 is better than the xd05 plus?

Can the xduoo xd05 basic drive hifiman sundara properly?

1 Like

No, sorry, plus is better;)

Mine does fine! :slight_smile: