đŸ”¶ Yanyin Audio Canon

I asked Tony to demo his unit, hoping I can do it soon!

1 Like

I’m astounded by the canons and after much tinkering with different tuning options, 010 is incredible and hopefully I can be happy with them for a long time. I find the vocals as exceptional as the Aladdins and they are a clear upgrade in terms of detail retrieval. I can’t compare them to other hybrids as I don’t own any but I’m more than happy with them and listen to them everyday. Thanks for your help with them again

1 Like

First listen to my new to me Canon’s 000 is bass overkill. Now on 011
Really a good sounding IEM. Time to give a good listen and comparisons to my Lava after I spend some time. I can see how theese could be a endgame for many.

So far I can hear how many wrinkles good old Johhy Cash has on his face when he is singing. LOL

5 Likes

So many options to find what works for you. I end up going back to 010, also enjoy 110 too. Enjoy sir!

1 Like

Judging by Crin’s graphs, the 120 or 020 settings look the best for overall balance and pleasing overall but the upper mids (for my preferences).

Questions for all of you who own it. How is the:

• Mid-range positioning;
  • Timbre
  • Coherency
  • Macro dynamics

Hi Nymz, I just spent a few hours a/b In comparison with the EJ07M Lava Metal and the Canon in 010 setting source off of the HiBy R6 2020 balanced out. Pure Silver & OFC6N Cable with AZLA Crystal tips.

My Notes:

CANON:
Macro details: Overall More Dynamic more energy in the lower sub bass energy makes the overall presentation head banging.

Miro details:
More compressed, fun comfortable

Coherency: top notch no descernable workload between DD&BA

Timbre: Because the added sub bass and energy was harder to hear and distinguish between different instruments - not to say it was lacking but the EJ07M KL kills it here.

NOTES:
Leans toward warming sounding on a scale if 1 was the warmest 5 was balanced and 10 was leaning towards the bright cool side I would rate the Canon as a 4.5 and the KL as a 5.5.

Sub Bass on 010 sweet as I like lots of energy probably not wanting any more.
Penon Globe and Obsidian OH10 level here maybe even a tad deeper with less bleed.

Kick drums
 Kick ass note weight has the perfect amount love it!

Soundstage is wide just outside of head great separation but not to crazy the KL sometimes wows you to a point it makes it distracting. The Canons hit a fantastic balance.

More like a studio sound VS KL sounds like a open air concert.

My Notes for the KL in comparison was

Macro: More contained and because of the less bass energy and more shimmer you get a much better presentation and can hear more details.

Micro Detail : Massive borderline fatiguing but mind blowing kick ass for jazz, piano, vocals especially female. Instruments don’t overpower each other.

Vocals more forward than Canon

Stage is so holographic 2x width of Canon

Lastly: I tried just a copper cable cable first on the Canon. I believe it needs the silver to bring forth more high frequency energy for my ears it made a bigger difference that I would care to ommit. I am NOT a cable Schiller as you know but I can’t deny the sound difference I hear in this case.

Also needs wide bore tips for me with the tips and cable combo with my ears that makes the Canon a very enjoyable IEM.

Next I will try the 110 but not sure if I want more oomph.

I think the two IEM compliment each other very well the Lava very balanced the Canon more of a really fun
 Canon.
Fantastic fit and super long listening session blast.

Hope that helps you sorry if I didn’t describe everything you were looking for.

Cheers J.

4 Likes

Hi Jason! I see that you’re giving the Canon a lot of juice (balanced out on R6). I’m not sure if the R6 has a low output impedance, but just bear in mind that people have generally found low gain low output impedance sources to be the best option for the Canon (10 Ohm impedance). Sounds like you’re digging the Canon sound so probably not much of an issue, but just letting you know! Enjoy your set :slight_smile: my preferred tuning is 010, but if I want more oomph in jazz and OST, I use 110.

I did have it on mid gain as the Penon Globe is also ridiculously efficient.

I switched on 110 and threw them on my Mt-604 tube amp last night and I kept thinking I prefer the Canon over my Lava that’s crazy considering I payed 1/2 the price.

Globe’s went up for sale last night after first listen and I am considering what to do with the Lava now. The Lava is so sub-bass anemic but the way it presents a stage and female vocals ummm so incredibly well.

1 Like

10 ohm of output impedance is not low

Most IEMs fall between 16 and 32
In my experience?

1 Like

Have any of you ever used the Canon with the IFI Go Bar ?

It’s definitely sensitive, not sure what other IEMs you’ve tried that are more sensitive than 10 Ohms. The only other one I know is the ZEN Pro.

He is technically right because you said “output impedance” and that’s for sources. 10ohm OI is a lot. Example: your Q5k has 0.5ohm OI.

You were talking about sensitivity of the IEM so you are both right, just talking different languages!

1 Like

The Canons sensitivity is 108dB.

I did actually write this to mean that - Canon should be matched with low output impedance sources.

Canon sensitivity may be 108 dB, but it’s impedance is 10 Ohms, so you can hit the noise floor if you don’t match your source properly. I mean, I have the Canon, and on my ifi ZEN DAC, i hear a faint hiss, but not on my Q5K. Anyway, Yanyin likes to make pretty low impedance IEMs (i think all models are 8-10 Ohms), so just something to keep in mind if you only have like the MEGATRON as a source.

1 Like

The ZEN DAC’s output impedance is 1 Ohm like the Qudelix’s
ZEN DAC by iFi audio - Super-affordable DAC/amp from iFi audio

Happy weekend people. Have a safe one out there.

I for am enjoying my Canon and sent my EJ07M KL in to be reshelled and retuned so i will be spending all my time with theese forba while.

Found some super wide bore double tips that work :+1:

Cheers J.

2 Likes

I have some of those! No idea where I picked them up, in my mind I call them “flat tires”. They’ve solved some fit/sound problems for me in the past, useful tips to have.

1 Like

The Canon has short nozzle ?

The Canon’s have longer nozels relatively speaking