đŸ”¶ Yanyin Audio Canon

I implied that the TK2 has a high OI because the Volume with it, graphs similar to the Volume with a 30ohm impedance adapter.

Can you recommend a mobile dac or dongle for the Canon ? ( Without impedance adapter)

Apple dac dongle

Lot of laughs

Maximum Output Voltage:

single-ended output:

low-power mode: 1.0 Vrms = 2.2 dBu

high-power mode: 2.0 Vrms = 8.2 dBu

symmetric output ("balanced"):

low-power mode: 2.0 Vrms = 8.2 dBu

high-power mode: 4.0 Vrms = 14.3 dBu

Output Impedance:

low-power mode: 1.11 Ω, to be used with headphones with an impedance of ~9 Ω or higher

high-power mode: 1.33 Ω, to be used with headphones with an impedance of ~10 Ω or higher

srryypbc5mm61

DAC/AMP
USB C
Bluetooth
PEQ w/app

3 Likes

The Canon needs PEQ ?

I haven’t felt the need to do much if any equing with the canon. They are tuned very well and are quite versatile.

Occasionally I drop the mid bass/bass 2 db on certain albums but any basic eq can do that.

2 Likes

Any Knowles trreble harshness ?

I’ve been experimenting with the tuning switches and have settled on the default “123” which is bass, mids and highs switches on. Simply gorgeous

What dac you use ?

Who has a Canon and Moonlight what would you say about the sound signature of the Canon in terms of quality in comparison to the moonlight, I prefer a bit more bass and was wondering how close the Canon compares. 60/70/80/90%?
Cheers peeps. J

2 Likes

Yanyin Aladdin review

2 Likes

Another written review

2 Likes

Hybrids comparison featuring the Canon by @Tonytex_Teixeira:

2 Likes

lets go, have been waiting for this alongside HBB’s hyrbid wars.

1 Like

the Canon really looking like THE iem to buy, and leave forever rn. so interested

1 Like

Yet another review of the Canon!

1 Like

you just voiced my thoughts on my S12 wow

Apparently Don does it like it that much

Yeah, although I know he’s had a lot of issues with driver flex and had to use foam tips, so I don’t know how much it affected his experience. I do agree that the mids are a tad recessed compared to the Olina or other vocal-centric IEMs, but they aren’t bad at all. At 010, I think the Canon are very balanced. I need to try out a few more tracks to gauge the dynamics
I thought the Canon had good dynamics, but he gave very specific examples so maybe we just hear differently - YMMV!

Also, he keeps referring to them as “almost Variations” price, and either he didn’t get them on a sale through AliX, or he got ripped off, because I paid faaarrr less than 400 euros for mine (shipped to UK).

2 Likes