Your Hype Train Experiences

+1 for this… I dont appreciate things that dont work properly… hopefully firmware will fix that 3 second delay but I’ll never know because returned

Hd650/6xx deserves all the praise and longevity its amassed :raised_hands:

:steam_locomotive:THX…ChoooChoooo!

1 Like

I should add kph30i as it’s the first headphone I told myself id always have… 650s being the second

1 Like

In windows that annoying delay doesn’t exist with drivers, but it does exist when I don’t use it with drivers. It occurs with the Hip Dac on Tidal as well (until drivers are installed).

I haven’t tried it with on a Mac, though as I do have an old macbook air that could test on, but its moot at this point I’m sure.

I’m using a macbook air for the record… so that’s good news for windows users

Your 30is are my 75s

was it just driver issues for the ifi zen?

I respect that :beers:

1 Like

What exactly counts as a hype train? A review that hypes a product? A ton of people hyping a product up with multiple reviews as well? Or just one of the two? Or is it an item becoming extremely popular?

Still love my THX 789.

1 Like

Ive had a lot of hype train disappointments:

Nuemann NDH20
Nighthawks
SHP9500
4xx
DT 880
HD650
Tin T2
Tin T1
Tin T3
Monoprice modern retro
GRADO SR225e
KZ ZS10 PRO
Blon 03

From my experience the T2 and 650 are good for their price.

Yeah i didnt like them

Most recent hype train purchase for me would be the iFi Zen Dac. I tried two and both had defective 4.4 balanced connections. I gave up and moved on. I need something better anyway.

t3 and the m570 were my hype train dissapoointments.

1 Like

hype train succcesses were the t4, btr5, 755, blon 03

1 Like

How is the power on the BTR 5?

not as good as Z makes it out to be but pretty good definitely more power than a q1 mk2

2 Likes

Those are some good examples. The SHPs are decent, but that’s it. The Nighthawks are too weird. I haven’t made up my mind on the DT880s yet. The Retro are fun with a pad change, but not great.

shps have never been some I reccomended either really doesn’t touch the realm of reccomend for me, 880s are one of my favs also are great tubed, retros is great for a cheap bass cannon and that really it.