Your top five most represented artists?

List your top five most represented artists in your collection, not your favorite, not your most played, but simply the most represented by number of tracks in your music collection. I thought I knew mine but there were a couple of surprises.

In no particular order:

Belle & Sebastian
Khruangbin
The Smiths
Little Dragon
Rufus Wainwright

3 Likes

Pink Floyd
Diana Krall
Supertramp
Alan Parsons Project.
The Eagles.

Edit: Elo and Boston are also up there.

4 Likes

Deftones
ELO
Rush
Danzig
Faith No More

2 Likes

I had to go the desktop for this one:

1. Miles Davis (including collaborations) 266.
  2. Led Zeppelin (including solo stuff) 133. Just the band is 87.
  3. U2 74.
  4. Florence and The Machine 66.
  5. AC/DC 62.

Honorary mentions at 60 are The Arkells and Seether

3 Likes

Bob
DMB
Beatles
AKUS
Krall

1 Like

Was a runner up on mine.

1 Like

I was kinda surprised… kinda not… I’m sure I there were some duplicates or HQ replacements or live versions of concerts I’ve been in attendance. Can’t say I listen to much of these artists as much.

Metallica
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Pearl Jam
Radiohead

just off this list: RHCP

2 Likes

Tool
Deftones
Tor Lundvall
Autechre
Bohren Und Der Club of Gore

2 Likes

Mozart
Bach
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
First Aid Kit
Leonard Cohen

(Recent entry: Regina Spektor)

1 Like

Joni Mitchell
Genesis
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Beastie boys

2 Likes

I started this thread out of curiosity maybe a little detective work figuring that you’d be able to gain into one’s profile simply by their results. The other and primary reason was to explore new artists. Figuring that if there’s a lot of their music in people’s collections, then there’s bound to be some undiscovered gems.

Not sure what if anything I’ve gleamed on the first point, but on the second point, there’s a lot of unknown to me artist here. So good score.

Deftones and Tool…+2 for you buddy. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

haha i was thinking the same for you bro, i don’t meet alot of Deftones fans, his Team Sleep stuff is also a fav

1 Like

I love Team Sleep and Palms. Crosses though, I’m not a huge fan of. But Abe Cunningham’s drumming is something else. Deftones new album should drop some time this year :metal::grinning:

Herbert von Karajan
Metallica
AC/DC
Led Zeppelin
Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree

2 Likes

oh that Palms record, that thing is beautiful, and I’ve been a fan of Aaron’s since Isis. Same i never got much into Crosses but i honestly haven’t given it a chance. i was pleasantly surprised by B-Sides from Deftones as well, the Sade cover :ok_hand: Abe is a monster and highly underrated IMO

1 Like

Led Zeppelin is in the lead overall?

The competition has been Trampled Underfoot! :laughing:

3 Likes

and left Dazed and Confused lol

1 Like

My Deftones play list includes lots of different Deftones, a few Team Sleep songs and All of Crosses.

I was all excited about their last album and played the crap out of the lead single. But then I didn’t like the album.