Your top five most represented artists?

U2
Faith No More
Led Zep
Kendrick Lamar
alt-J

Hard as hell to put 5, lol! Lot’s of classical too

1 Like

I got all their albums. A-ha are one of those rare bands that make great albums not just singles. like every song on their albums are good no filler.

Theres 2 periods to their career. Theres the pre-breakup and their best albums of that period was “Hunting High and Low” their 1st, “Scoundrel Days” their 2nd and “East of the Sun, West of the Moon” their 4th.

But their best period is from their post-breakup. they got back together and started making some awesome music:

Minor Earth Major Sky
Lifelines
Analogue
Foot of the Mountain
Cast in Steel

My favorite from this period is Minor earth, and lifelines.

lol, i thought the title for this thread was “mis-represented artists” oops

The artists i listen to most would be

Simple Minds
U2
Niel Finn ie solo and Crowded House
Tears for Fears
Midnight Oil

3 Likes

The Strokes
Led Zeppelin
Mac Demarco
The Black Keys
White Stripes

3 Likes

Wow! Ten albums? I am surprised and educated. :grin:

1 Like

Hmm is there an easy way to count this from my flac directory with some sort of utility?

I should have mentioned that Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers all actually have more tracks than Danzig in my collection…did the official count just now.

1 Like

I don’t think the number of tracks by a group is going to work for me. The Beatles have more tracks for me than a lot of other bands, but it’s because they have so many short songs. I will have to spend some time and see how many hours of music I have for each artist I think. By way of comparison, I probably have just as many albums from Pink Floyd, but they have several songs that are between 15-20 minutes long. That’s not going to be fair in comparison to a band with mainly 2-3 minute long songs.

There, that took a little time. To make my point, I have 12.5 hours of Beatles music ripped to my pc. But have 12 other acts with more time taken up on it. All ripped from cds I own, not counting what I may have downloaded online without paying. So, here’s the top 10. King Crimson with 30.8 hours, Led Zep 23.3 hours, Rush 21 hours, Opeth 20 hours, Pink Floyd 19.3, Porcupine Tree 18.1, Jethro Tull 17.8, Yes 16.5, Genesis 14.7, & David Bowie 13.3.

I have several more with over 10 hours of time. If I just went with total time rather than what I’ve paid for, this list would be very crazy.

2 Likes

This week…

Tom Waits
Seasick Steve
Nina Simone
Muddy Waters
Celine Dion

4 Likes

Diana Krall
Linda Ronstadt
Eagles
Stevie Ray Vaughn