Zeos' Speaker/Headphone Wall 2021

Verum 2’s …Link omitted (← By Z)

2 Likes

Actually Verum 1 mk2. That’s the redesign of the original cat ear headband and new perforated pads.

He was experimenting on a new headphone called Verum 2 before he was ban-hammered everywhere who knows if it will ever see the light of day. Probably not.

Semantics :wink:

From what I read, not his brightest maneuver to write what he wrote.

Id be remiss if I didn’t say the GoldPlanar GL2000 , link above

Absolutely, Hard to contact them Gotta find their Instagram.

Never owned, Only borrowed and wanted. They would def be up there otherwise.

Just arrived today, Not even unboxed. They took them back after my review.

In PurpleHeart, yes.

Verum 1 . I will hold onto them but the creator has made some … REMARKABLY BAD choices in his internet life and needs to not be promoted.

5 Likes

it seems zeos has a preference

specifically large sound stage and a good amount of bass (and definitely planars and DSP)

Thank you Zeos I was eyeing that one as well. Any specific amp/dac recommendation to power them? Price under $1000 for amp and dac

tbh im getting some grado SR80e’s (i love how they sounded when i was at a booth), but i am kinda wondering about doing the 225e’s because those are really well respected and considered a bump up but i feel like zeos hates them (and the GW100 are tempting BUT i dont use bluetooth on my computer because my laptop doesn’t need it and i am using a dacamp anyway), im also going to use a hip dac

I’m using the Dethonray Honey H1 on my desk with them. You would probably be better off with something like the Liquid Gold X as it suits desktop use better.

Just be cautious. Middle of the pack grados have all been treble whores to me

I have the 60’s 80’s and Hemps, def don’t overlook hemps, but I highly rec the 80’s with Geekria pads, perfect for lightweight wireless with a BTR5

the hemps are pretty expensive at 420 dollars… I’m buying the grados soon (probably the 225, GW100 but not using the Bluetooth, or 80s with a swap of pads) as well as other stuff like my DAC/AMP, and a closed back headphone like the DT 770 250 (though i might also prefer something more portable). hoping for price wise to not go over 500 dollars when spending all of that… and dont want wireless because I have a headphone jack on my phone already so I will just get some decent IEMS that are under 100 bucks (I heard I might like the Kbear diamond but I dunno and I might just also have to go with foam tips because silicone tips often dont fit when I just put them on)

1 Like

Definitely up there, sorry price is relative around here, def keep the 80’s on ur list with pad swap. I have the 770’s as well, def look at or try the AKG 371 in the price range for a closed back. On iems save just a bit more for the Fiio FH3’s, great at the price IMO

Lol - I figured there had to be a story there, so I had to go down the internet drama hole to get at some of it. Basically a story of - guy tries to make headphones on his own, succeeds to a degree, uses same moniker everywhere in multiple forums, ignorantly voices bad things using said moniker, becomes radio active, gets banned everywhere. So I guess now even mentioning the Verum headphones on-line is akin to tweeting out an old Bill Cosby joke.

1 Like

i’ll figure that out because despite the fact i will be carrying either a hipdac or dragonfly (cobalt or red with jitterbug depending on how much i have of the other money and if i care about the hipdacs battery, hell even 600 dollars is fairly safe for my account). the 770s are the ones i have definitely in my plan BUT the 770s are definitely not portable and i will be using these when im on vacation or when i am required to be in a place where other people are.

probably will do, I just prefer my IEMs with a bit more treble than usual (see grado and the fact that I EQ’d the final E3000 to have a bit more in the 1-8K range)

1 Like

Then I would def consider the fh3’s, it’s like at the perfect limit for me with treble, I’m using the red silicon tips

1 Like

Great Wall ZEOS! Need a recommendation, everybody. Upgrading to real desk speakers, finally. S3000, TUKS, T1 Encore, or The Fives?

You said desk, T1e or Tuks

Thanks Zeos! Keep up the great work!

Well after Zeos’ recommendation I ordered my GL2000 from Linsoul today. I’ll be sure to let everyone know how that goes.

I currently have the sennheiser 6xx into a scarlett solo, recommendations for an upgrade? im looking for something with similar warmth but a bit more “fun” more bass punch and extension. thanks!

The X2HR’s are your pick then. If you’ve watched Z’s review about them you’d want them. The scarlett solo will work fine with the X2’s since they are very easy to drive. They are apparently very comfy as well. They have memory foam pads. The rolloff isn’t as hard as the HD6xx’s due to them being memory foam earpads and that the driver is 50mm instead of the HD6xx’s 40mm I believe. The highs are sharper and the mids aren’t as pronounced as the 6xx but definitely more fun.