šŸ”¶ ZiiGaat Doscinco

My ears are definitely clean, checked with an endoscope. Maybe itā€™s the stock earbuds? :thinking:

1 Like

Sometimes if you use too much thin tips or too large you can listen to same plastic sound when you insert the iem. Try a little one. I advice you the penon liquor orange that have good silicon, sticky, durable, detailed on highs and voices. The liquor black instead are a little muted on highs. If I try the liquor xl I listen plastic sound during insertion, the large doesnā€™t make any sound.

Ah ok, purchased the liqueur.Os

1 Like

I havenā€™t heard the Cincotres, but not everyone likes the tucked bass tuning.

That seems odd given that the point of the tuck is to prevent the mid bass bloat.

Given the other reviews I have read and watched, this seems counter to all of them.

The more I read this, I am wondering if he works for Thieaudio, since the Doscinco and Cincotres are directly competing with the Hype series IEMs.

5 Likes

If so then Thie need to work smarter and not harder doubling down on the same ā€˜ol same ā€˜olā€¦seems theyā€™ve becoming Moondrop of mid-tierā€¦

:man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Not heard either but the bass tuck on the cincotres is quite late compared to something like the variations, with its more trad harman bass tuck. Itā€™s even above the hbb target at 125hz. Iā€™d hazard to guess that the cincotres, comes off with a slightly better sense of separation compared to doscinco and therefore used the ā€œstudio-tuningā€ moniker relative to its warmer bro for marketing.

I guess it also depends on what that person is used to in the studio. The infamous MDR-7506, which many have used for years has only a mild bass boost with sub-bass roll off.

4 Likes

marketing and lies, typical behavior of these shameless cash grab chinese companies. they tune their iems in a mass appealing u shape v shape beats by dre way with upper treble boosts like we are 90 yo and 10 fucking db bass boost like if producers use un flattened blown out subwoofers in the studio setting that people put in car trunks then bark about studio tuning on their website.

nicolas-cage-yell
i paid 600$ for this btw and it sounds like my 12 years old budget dd beyerdynamic earphone with eq applied. fell for the tribrid muh est magic bs and its collecting dust in my drawer :joy:

giphy (2)

meanwhile koreans did this 10+ years ago with hidition viento series thanks to crinacle for making a vid on the b version and introducing it to me. should mention this first that you canā€™t claim any iem to be reference flat for everyone since ears have different hrtf, but if you want a universal tuning that aims at reference this is it. you want nearfield flat that most normal studios use? a switch. you want far field tilted tuning with room reverberations accounted? b switch. they even had the 711 couplers over estimation in upper treble(pics below) in mind 10 years ago thats why you see the dip in the upper treble so they theoretically (leaving unique hrtfs out) done the reference tuning thing in the past way before these chinese companies existence that grow everyday like baby rabbits with the aim of stealing our money with the idea of muh 20 quadruplebid jet engine womans vibrator driver inside bullshit

graph (91)

look at the ra0402(more accurate) vs 711 couplers difference in upper treble tuning.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t that just good business sense?

2 Likes

yes, thats why i mentioned their only objective is to be cash grabs, to make money. my point of discussion is that when they claim something, they should deliver. the problem is false marketing and delivering something else. they claim studio tuning (thats bland,uncolored, flat and hated by most) with x iem, then they SHOULD make their product like that because they promised that on their website. x company didnā€™t claim studio tuning with their y iem and they can tune it to what ever they like (99% of the irms in the market are like that) i have 0 problems with that but when they market one iem as ā€˜sounds exactly like your flat speakersā€™ but they tune it as your typical earbud then thats my problem.
false marketing

3 Likes

Getting upset at and deliberating the accuracy of ChiFi marketing material is like getting upset and deliberating water being wet, something that I learned rather quickly in this hobby. All I care about now is whether I enjoy the sound of the product or not, whatā€™s in the marketing write up might as well not even exist.

11 Likes

Greed is good

Profits allow for R&D, thus innovation. A line that loses money to fill a small niche is almost certainly not a smart plan to continue long-term. If you want innovation, accept the need for companies to meet the wants of the masses.

5 Likes

Get a breath of fresh air man - you sound like you need jt

8 Likes

Appreciate the passion!!

A few random points Iā€™ve been thinking about on topics I donā€™t know enough about:

• Being generous, the squiggly line of ā€˜tres looks awfully similar to the Senn HD25 FR, which was originally targeted at the professional film/tv market before getting rebranded as ā€˜deejayā€™. Horses for courses I guess. Marketing is the forever dance but it makes it all the better when coming across great and passionate companies.

• Studio vs audiophile - Is there any advantage to more (mid-)bass in the tres? I dunno but hbb highlighted advantages of a sliding bass in his audio-visual vid for accurate replay/bringing life to some instruments if that were the goal. I would have thought the two overlap for audio-engineers (which Iā€™m not, yawn!)

• With due respect to that amazon reviewers vast experience, the term ā€œbass-cannonā€ is another loosey-goosey term relative to that personsā€™ use-case (I imagine). I donā€™t know if the isobaric setup makes them more bassy but to me, itā€™s not a party on iem drivers until the bass is above the mids (flat vs slide, termination - as per desired preference).

• Aite, Iā€™m outta here. Itā€™ll be lunchtime for soundeater soon :face_with_peeking_eye: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

I just googled it and found out that they market the hd25 (from 1988 btw) as monitoring headphones. @M0N mentioned a great point before, that monitoring can be done or preferably should be done with mainstream v shaped devices or car systems because the music gonna play on those devices when people get the music so the marketing isnā€™t wrong. BUT ziigaat marketed that iem as ā€œpreciseā€ studio tuning thats a joke.

sliding bass is just a way to recreate the natrural down slope frequency response speakers have in rooms in iem form. this is why the viento has 2 switches, to cover the flat and that downsloping response. speakers in room will naturally have that downslope response but from the tutorials i saw on youtube and gearspace forum before to set up my speakers, apparently most audio engineers flatten their speakers to avoid that slope to have a transparent tool on their hands. also the closer you sit to the speaker the flatter it gets

hes just used to flat speakers and this joke claim bamboozled him.

1 Like

I am not sure that mixing to the lowest common denominator is as necessary now as it was in the 8-track ageā€¦Nearly everyone is using decent audio devices most of the time. Bose, Senn, and Sony sell a ton of quite competent budget-friendly BT/ANC headphones. Even the budget Anker Soundcore can reach deep and extend fairly well:

(Edit: the lowest common denominator is pretty decent nowadays).

As per mixing, well it all dependsā€¦

https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/pros-and-cons-monitoring-options-for-mixing.html

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/neutron.html

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/ozone.html

Ziigaat was not being accurate ,as you pointed out.

5 Likes

Sound Demo Time :notes: :notes: :notes:

10 Likes

I am sorry but the Cincotres sounds a bit better judging from your Demo alone. Doscinco sounds muffled and theres like a weird timbre in the vocals, they are too forward/offensive and nasal but also muffled at the same time?

Also seems like the Doscinco has more volume. did you match these?
Thanks for the demos.

Apology not accepted :rage:

it sounds muffled wtfā€¦ Iā€™m listening to Doscinco right now and I canā€™t perceive this muffled, the only complaint I have is the treble which sometimes sounds strange and metallic, other than that I have no complaints, on the contrary, Iā€™m just compliments. Your Brother CincoTres Do you also have the same problem I mentioned?

1 Like

i wrote that based only on the demos. i have not listened to any of the sets myself but I am aware that they can sound different in person. I will give an update once i recieve my unit.