đŸ”¶ ZiiGaat Doscinco

Apparently EQ cannot make the Doscinco sound like the Cinco and vice versa. Something about the inherent resonance tuning of the drivers.

1 Like

I think you should play it cool and wait for the Davinci to come out. You’ll hear impressions of it compared to those other sets.

6 Likes

Yeah that’s what I decided on last night after reading through lol

Surprisingly ive never found the Doscinco to be a ‘‘Basshead’’ set as many reviewers call it. Actually sounds pretty Hifi and clean with the upper mids jumping at you kinda. The Fudu has more bass quantity to my ear and somehow the single DD in the bass department of the Fudu manage to sound more fun to my ear, i dont know how to describe it, like its moving more air or something.
Doscinco bass is lesser quantity, cleaner, better texture but also feels more closed in more pressurized. Bass of the Fudu is more fun for me and smoother.

4 Likes

I find the Doscinco to have a really satisfyingly thick note weight with whatever I power it with, but that said - the power, depth, slam, authority of the bass doesn’t truly show itself until you give the IEM some power and some volume.

In my experience.

What is also nice is the tightness seems to increase with power.

I do agree with you that is not basshead in a purely balls-to-the-walls sense but in a more sophisticated, reined in sense. The mids and highs do not get drowned out!

8 Likes

‘‘depth, slam, authority of the bass doesn’t truly show itself until you give the IEM some power and some volume.’’

I completely agree and i have a problem with this. I like to listen at normal levels in order to have chill smooth upper mids but then the bass is too muted. If i pump out the volume to hear that bass slam and rumble better then the upper mids become a bit sharp and fatiguing for my ears. Id rather have that satisfying rumble and slam at normal listening levels without having to pump up the volume.

For me the Fudu might be the smoother set in that regard, especially for longer sessions
i can hear satisfying rumble and slam and chill smooth soft mids without needing to pump up the volume too hard. Also i noticed that Dos is kinda boomy more pressurized in the ear while Fudu is a softer punch but warmer like an enveloping blanket. Strange thing, while i percieve more bass quantity in the Fudu i also find it easier to the ears.

But for resolution, texture, definition separation etc etc the Doscinco is the better HiFi set.

2 Likes

May I ask what source (amplifier/dongle) you are using to drive the Doscinco?

1 Like

For my ears and with my sample of the Doscincos, I have slam, authority, and deep rumble all throughout the volume range, and the treble has always scaled smoothly (and this is coming from someone that experiences some treble sensitivity). I generally do not crank my music too loud either. For reference, I use both a Hibi M300 and a Shanling UA5, with SpinFit W1 eartips.

4 Likes

I am with you, I am also more of not too loud, and a bit sensitive to treble. The Doscinco sounds really good with all the amps I use ( MT-602, DX1, BTR5, KA17 ). I am using the Dunu S&S tips, but I have also run it with Spinfit CP100+.

2 Likes

hiby w3 II, whizzer Da1, Muse M1, samsung smartphone out, laptop out.
plenty of power thats not an issue.

I found the bass on Dos a bit too boomy while the sub rumble is masked in the back, i dont know how to explain it its like the low frequency is too presurized like it doesnt ‘breath’'. Maybe there is too much midbass slam for my liking?

Also my Left piece has driver flex, i tried many eartis and cant get rid of it.

I did have the same issue until I put my Spiral Dot Tips on. Short and wide works best with Doscinco to balance it out, imo.

4 Likes

do you have any driver flex on your set? i experience driver fle on my left piece every time i insert them. Tried many different eartips but cant get rid fot that.

Sorry to hear that man, no driver flex on my set.

Same, I have driver flex on both my Doscinco and Cincotres, even after trying many eartips. But I only hear it when inserting and not when listening to music, so it doesn’t bother me too much tbh
Is there any concerns I should have with having driver flex?

2 Likes

Yeah same here, only when inserting, i think you should have no concerns regarding driver flex other than the fact that its annoying.

1 Like

There is. Driver flex today, driver failure coming and sound will change for the worse. It happened to me. Return it if you still can.

1 Like

What Iem was that? (The one that failed due to driver flex).
I can’t return, bought it on Aliexpress.

i get very minor flex when adjusting after i have a seal. my driver flex doesn’t sound like much, just a fairly quiet, soft-plastic sound, sometimes i have tips that make more noise than this set does.

looks like the only vent on these is in the top-back. if you’re pushing it into you’re ear without pulling up or back on your outer ear to make room then it makes sense, the pressure has to go out back past the 2dd.

i wouldn’t worry unless it’s that nasty crunchy/crinkly sound, that type of flex never sat well with me, especially when it happens from minor head/jaw movements

1 Like

My Doscinco as the last one, listened to it for 2 1/2 weeks and pretty familiar with the sound and one day, driver flex happened, sound became flat, no bass at all and when i checked it, i shook the left iem and it made tin sounds and it’s game over for me, still within the return window and returned it immediately. Got refunded after a week, love the bass but im not going to get a new one again because of QC. My ISN NEO5 makes me not miss Doscinco anymore, creamy texture and very satisfying bass for me as well.

1 Like

That’s ChiFi for you unfortunately. I mean, it can happen with anything, but I think that with the rapid rate at which these IEMs are being cranked out, QC issues are bound to be a thing. Earlier this year I received a Shanling UA5 DAC for my birthday, and it had two QC issues. Luckily my brother was able to send it back to the AliExpress seller for a replacement, and the new one that arrived is great. At least you were able to get your money back.

1 Like