šŸ”¶ ZiiGaat Doscinco

Thatā€™s why i dont buy on Aliexpress if itā€™s more than a $100, i stick to Amazon and their awesome return policy.

1 Like

The seller was actually great in this instance and replaced it, just took a while. Also Iā€™m in Canada, and we pay premium prices here for ChiFi, big savings going the import route, on top of the fact that the ā€˜Primeā€™ IEM purchase options are rather sparse. I purchased my Hype 2 from Amazon because I wanted to avoid any headaches with returns as a result of the QC rattle issues at the time, and I had a gift card, but I wouldnā€™t do it again, too expensive.

1 Like

What genres do you tend to listen to? I listen to mostly prog death/black metal and DnB and the ISN Neo 5 bass just seemed way too slow for me :frowning: itā€™s great with rap and like ballad/slow rock but those are genres I rarely really listen to. I got the Doscinco after the rave reviews and they have been amazing for metal compared to Neo 5s! But curious what genres youā€™ve been enjoying with it!

now aliexpress too has the return option (not for all items you have to check), last month i tried kz pr2 and idun kinera golden and iā€™ve returned them cause i didnā€™t like them. iā€™m waiting too much for doscinco to arrive, i bought them on 25th of march

Iā€™m locked to Doscinco now, just waiting to see if DaVinci can pose a threat.

Was considering Cincotres but I saw Jayā€™s video about it being better Variations. Iā€™m one of those EST simps though

It might be true and Iā€™m not saying I can hear it but I swear Variations is still the most special set I got because of those ESTs, the only word I can think of is Air.

Oh and I heard Cincotres wonā€™t allow for it to be turned up as much without fatigue, so you know I gotta grab Doscinco for when I blast Gorillazā€™s Dare at 90 DB

5 Likes

I actually find Cincotres to be less bright than my Doscincos, and I can have to turn it up louder to hear the vocals more clearly. Graphs seem to show the same (less treble on Cincotres)

I do prefer my Doscincos more though, at the moment. Sounds more transparent to me.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing.
Besides not wanting to deal with Aliexpressā€™ return process, Iā€™ve also been really digging the sound. So I think Iā€™ll risk the driver failure potential. (Plus I got a nice discount off it during an AliExpress sale, so itā€™s less of a loss)

If anyone elseā€™s drivers fails from this driver flex issue in the next few months please let us know here. Iā€™ll do the same :slight_smile:

Which seller was that, and did they offer a prepaid option for the return shipping (like Amazon does)? Or were you on your own for finding a shipping company and shipping option to send it back to China?

Huh thatā€™s a hard one lol, I think I might do Dos since I enjoy a ton of bass to begin with anyways.

I do lean more on right preference too, this shitā€™s hard lol

2 Likes

You have free return on Ali the first time you order it. but might be a hassle with the shipping, i think oyu have to pay the shipping then they refund you or something like that

1 Like

Fingers crossed Doscinco is a good enough replacement for my UP

Im into prog metal and such brother. I love the tuning and the bass for my kind of genre.

Interesting new comparison review between the ZiiGaat sets. According to them, the Doscinco is higher resolution with a more energetic sound signature.

4 Likes

Agreed, but havenā€™t watched the video

Replacement is a strong suggestionā€¦ a different beast, Dos is. Me? I never looked back. The UP has some special sauce in staging plus scaling and eq ability, itā€™s treble is the best feature for meā€¦but if presented with one or the other for everā€¦DOS wins. That says a lot for the much less costly Dos. Male vocals are better placed with Dos, bass is much more realistic overall.
Itā€™s a bit more intimate, a plus for me. Only sometimes on thicker tracks I would take a db out of 125 hz and maybe 60 as well.

4 Likes

i disagree wholeheartedly. Interesting take I guess.

1 Like

The UP is still my Favorite IEM after all this time and how many others I have.

3 Likes

It always seemed the louder I made it the better the UP sounded. Smooth operator.

2 Likes

The seller is called the 'Official Shanling Storeā€™s on AliExpress, though itā€™s not actually Shanling itself, just a re-seller that only sells Shanling gear. My brother bought me the UA5 for my birthday, and it was unfortunately outside the return window by the time I opened it and tried it. I ended up paying the return shipping, but it was just Canada Post air mail at $16 CAD, so luckily it didnā€™t break the bank. The seller originally mentioned perhaps refunding my shipping but I didnā€™t chase after them for it, I was just glad to get a properly functioning replacement as my original unit had both screen burn-in and a major playback issue.

1 Like

this give me the return option even if. iā€™ve opened it:https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005006254072205.html?spm=a2g0o.order_detail.order_detail_item.4.20ff582frZj2Ii&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

1 Like