šŸ”¶ ZMF Aeolus

Yup. Two of them.

4 Likes

But not only for balanced 1/4mm I guess? High end and Low end?

I havenā€™t played with it much as I used the XLR balanced out or the right, but they are both stereo 6.3mm.

Per manual:

The right jack has its own dedicated amplifier for an in-phase stereo signal.

The left jack is connected to the 180Ā° phase shifted signal.

3 Likes

I totally agree. I was planning to list my Aeolus as it lost out in my routine, but its nice to listen to on SS. I havenā€™t given time to the Auteur on this amp yet, but I have I feeling I might continue prefer that one on tubes.

How would you describe the Violectric sound? is it analytical or more laid back?

@Antpage2 maybe this helps you getting an idea, as I remember you know the compared amp in the video

1 Like

Playing with some photography and got a nice shot of the Aeolus. Thought Iā€™d share.

21 Likes

Thatā€™s a great photo. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Aeolus is a looker :heart_eyes:
I really like this grill over the other versions. Great photo :+1:t3:

1 Like

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

16 Likes

Instagram: @audible_art_91

6 Likes

Hey guys, thought I would share my review with you about the ZMF Aeolus, hope you enjoy it!

9 Likes

Those are SO gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Current status of my order is sanding and finishing. Canā€™t wait for the Aeolus to arrive!

5 Likes

Any pro tips on pads to order with the Aeolus?

Originally I was going to just get stock Aeolus but now Iā€™ve decided to get uni suede perf as well. Any other worthwhile standouts?

1 Like

I can only rec suede, they are the best re comfort and the sound is great.

3 Likes

I use Perf Suede on my Aeolus, but the stock Pads are good aswell.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve enjoyed the stock aeolus pads and universe leather pads on a tube amp, and the universe suede more on SS amps. Those are the three I can vouch for sounding good on the aeolus. I also find the leather pads far more comfortable than the suede, personally. I did try the verite leather on them, but it was just too neutral then, wasnā€™t a fan.

4 Likes

Damn gorgeous set in that reviewā€¦frickin Beautiful!!

1 Like

Holy mutherloving fukballs I dig these. Just picked up set of these and a pair of Oriā€™s ā€¦having fun bouncing back and forth to planar and messing with pads. Betwix 3 x Cans a hybrid tube amp and pads I oughta have plenty of sound choice now. Had to tighten and lock-tight some of the hardware- got them used and one of the mounting screws fell into the cup within first 10 minutes of trying them out which scared me shitlessā€¦ lock picking set aided in the recovery then watch all the ZMF videos for good measure and cleaned everything up and tightened down with lock-tight.

I second that (comment above about original pads) with some slight tubishness the stock pads are where I am going to live. ZMF pad guide is pretty spot on which I appreciateā€¦realized this prior to exporing the case and finding their handy diagram.

6 Likes