đŸ”¶ ZMF Aeolus

Looks like the log jam broke through. I’ve been burning mine in for a few days now.

3 Likes

you answered the problem with the point of the list. That is, that there is no point to it since they don’t update it properly lol.

Idrc tbh lol awesome product awesome customer service ‘nuff said.

oh ya!!!

7 Likes

It’s like a fire was lit!

What did you buy today? and they’ve landed!

2 Likes

Aeolus arrived today. My first thought was “wow they look incredible.” It really is hard to capture how good they look in person.

Haven’t had much time to sit down and properly listen, but they do also sound amazing. I definitely understand now why people say the vocals are incredibly organic. The accuracy in detail is also a very pleasant surprise; crash cymbals sound like they’re happening in real life next to my ear.

I did go with the LittleDot Mk2 as in intro to tubes and have a Bottlehead Crack plus Speedball kit on the way. Really looking forward to building the Crack and Speedball and listening with the Aeolus.

13 Likes

They look great. Congrats man, they sound really nice on the crack speedball :ok_hand: enjoy the new cans

4 Likes

Those look beautiful. The Aeolus sounds like a solid first step into the world of ZMF with a sound that is built to please many types of people and many different forms of music.

2 Likes

Ordered mine Nov 21st, still waiting. I was told they are done but they ship in bulk so still waiting when I asked last week for an update. How many weeks did it take for yours to ship. The wait is killing me.

My Eikons arrived on week 18. You’re fine. Also mind you, you bought during black Friday which has the longest delays of the year :stuck_out_tongue:.

After they burn in, they’re worth the wait, so have patience grasshopper.

1 Like

122 days for me. They’re supposed to be better now, like @DagoRed it’s worth the wait despite your current pain.

2 Likes

I ordered my eikons early October and they came mid January so it’ll come. Always worth it. Until you start checking your accounts because you want your third Zmf pair lol.

2 Likes

Cannot agreed more on your last sentence

I’m wondering how many people have tried their Aeolus without the pop filter the amount of treble E N E R G Y it adds back is amazing. I prefer it removed than having it on

What’s your favorite out of the two vs the Eikon?

It’s a tough one. The eikon certainly has stronger bass which is nice, but depending on the music it can be slightly overpowering. And the eikon certainly is more capable when looking at the technicalities like detail and such. I think my favorite kinda depends on both my mood and the genre etc.

Eikon: I definitely like it more with certain things like orchestral, or more poppy type music like 80s or even acoustic sometimes. Or if I just want a more detailed listen. Some rock sounds amazing with it, but some sounds a little to harsh. I haven’t tried other pads on it yet so I want to explore the pad options a little more for sure. I also noticed that the eikon is a little less picky with the amp pairing to me. You have to be careful quality because poor recordings can sound really poor. But stuff that sounds good, sounds really really really good. I think the closed nature helps with certain music by adding some extra resonance.

Aeolus: I would say that the Aeolus is definitely safer with a wider variety of music, especially if you have a few pad options. The stage is a bit more narrow, so it is more focused which is sometimes nice. This is with the leather pads. With the suedes, they feel a little more open and airy in the higher freq. i do like the more relaxed nature of the Aeolus but sometimes you want more detail.

It’s weird because they are both high energy but in different ways. The Aeolus is relaxed in the frequency but the staging is closer and more intense in that way. Where the eikon has wider stage, so more relaxed in that way, but the frequency is higher energy with the stronger bass impact and then more present treble.

I like both most on my tube amps most but both do with with solid state as well. The eikon doesn’t seem to be picky in between my rnhp and g111 so either is fine. However the Aeolus, and this was a revolution made last night, sounded better on my rnhp with the leather pads because the more focused presentation of the rnhp sounded better with the leather pads. But the g111 sounded better when I had the suede pads. However, it sounds good on both my tube amps, the Tuba and Echo, wit either pad. It was a trip ha.

My plan is to try the eikon with the auteur lambs and the eikon suedes in the future to get some better flavors there. If I had to pick, i would go with the eikon maybe since it has better technical performance, but I do love the Aeolus as well and I think it is safer as an all rounder personally. But again, that is with pad swapping. Once I pad swap the eikon, I may be able to pair it with more music as well.

Interesting. I haven’t tried it. Maybe I will because I have to flip on of them as it’s bent out a bit which can be annoying ha.

1 Like

I took it off and never looked back, I found it opened up the air and treble energy even more, the treble reminds me of the Sendy Aiva.

What differences do you think stand out most between the Aiva and the Aeolus?

1 Like