🔶 ZMF Headphones Atrium

I personally think that those who are noticing a “spike” in that region have a chain that accentuates it and/or their ears are sensitive to that frequency. Most of them did not reveal their entire chain if at all. Even cables can effect that. We shall find out what I hear this weekend, as FedEx is quoting Friday as the scheduled delivery date (payed for 2 day shipping :wink:).

1 Like

I think I may have had the 3k spike on mine. Definitely went away after burn in.

1 Like

Given the differences in our chains, it will be interesting to hear how pronounced it is on my end. We shall find out this weekend. :grin:

In the beginning I thought I needed to pad roll as well, thinking I was too sensitive to some bright spots, I had also gotten the solid titan mesh, but if it’s a 3k peak before some burn in, it definitely makes sense. I’ve seen measurements of headphones treble smooth out after some burn in as well. I use them now everyday all the time with the default leather universe pads + stock titan mesh now and they sound pretty much perfect to me on anything I’ve used them with, Bifrost/WA7 stack, Aune S9c, and the Hiby. They pretty much live on my head all day since I’ve gotten them, so I imagine they must have at least 100+ hours of run in time by now.

1 Like

Oh… trust me I am a firm believer in burn in. My Mjolnir 3 has changed quite a bit over the course of 100 hours or so as well. I am going to give the AO a few weeks stock to settle in before I start to mess with them. :wink:

1 Like

Normal FedEx delivery issues, I will have to pick up the package from a local FedEx office location today. :sweat_smile:

They have arrived!

5 Likes

The only downside is that the rods are bent, as pointed out to me over on Head-fi. I contacted ZMF on the messenger on their site (included pictures). Lets see what they say on Monday. On the bright side, they sound great thus far. lol

I will be throwing these on them once I get a few session in with the stock pads. :laughing:

1 Like

They are easy to replace, cups can be screwed off from the base of the rod then slid out from the top. I’m assuming they will likely just send you replacement rods. They look beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you, I really like how they came out. I guess I will enjoy them with the bent rods until they send me a new set. lol. Currently listening to this on them:

1 Like

What can I say, I am a sucker for Live recordings done in Abbey Road Studios! :rofl:

1 Like

Should be an easy swap as long as they have those specific rods in stock.

1 Like

A few family members are going to chip in and get me a Vali 3 for my birthday. So my tube curious faze starts next month. I have read really good impressions on the pairing over on HF. Time to start rearranging my desk again I guess. :joy:

1 Like

And down the rabbit whole you go lol. I definitely recommend a Feliks euforia when you are going to make a big step up.

1 Like

I fully plan on going big with a nice tube amp down the line, but that is a little ways off. :joy:

1 Like

If ZMF is still selling a version of the Aegis by then, it might be an option as well.

1 Like

Flipping switches on my Mjolnir 3 to get the best sound out of the AO. So far Push/Pull sounds weird, and single ended class A sounds a little light in some areas. Single ended class A in high gain sounds the best to me thus far.

1 Like

Makes sense since that’s probably the most voltage for 300ohm cans. And definitely take a look at black ice as well if you want to go for an American made tube amp.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, which site would you say is the most reliable place to purchase tubes from?