šŸ”¶ ZMF Verite

Yeah, I would try to watch/read as many reviews and impressions as you can to get a good idea

1 Like

hear these have a punch like a planar. something ive been missing with my 800S. had the LCD-X and sold themā€¦ This may fit that.

Well, the aeolus is known for its punchiness, especially with the stock pads. But its presentation would be different than a verite. The aeolus is warm, smooth, and relaxing.

1 Like

I donā€™t agree with that necessarily. They punch but more like a fostex biodynamic would, not really a planar from my experience

1 Like

maybe Resolve meant as close to a planar as a dynamic can get?

would you consider the verite relaxing as well?

Possibly, but I wouldnā€™t compare this to a planar tbh, I would say if you are looking for planar aspects, get a planar lol

1 Like

do you consider the verite an enjoyable headphone to listen to for extended periods? Warmer than Dt1990, Elex, HD800S?

I donā€™t own a verite. My point of reference is as someone whose main headphone atm is an aeolus and with extended research into the various zmf headphones. I went with it because it was supposed to be the warmest openback that zmf makes. Along with the sheer amount of people who claim it to be a great all rounder, and Iā€™d agree with this, especially with the tuning changes from pad rolling. If you got an aeolus Iā€™d reccommend getting stock aeolus pads and the suede pads. Stock is warm, smooth, relaxing. Suede is more neutral with a balanced sound, still relaxing.

Each ZMF has a different tuning, to make them different from each another enough that there is no clear upgrade, especially not based on price. So, itā€™s just preference. I want to buy the others eventually, but I know that I made the right choice for me as a first buy.

1 Like

Yeah I do if you put it on a tube amp, although I am personally not that bothered by listening to harsher headphones for extended periods of time. If you want that sound more, the aeolus seems to be tuned more towards that goal

It is warmer than the 1990 and 800s for sure, it actually might be a bit warmer than the elex

1 Like

Off the top of my head, I think itā€™s probably something like this in terms of warmth for zmf opens:
Aeolus > Verite > Auteur

1 Like

ok, thanks for the breakdown. Iā€™m just trying to make the best choice and without auditioning them its hard haha. I had the HD650s for years and loved them. I bought the HD800S and like them as well. Even more with a harman EQ. I also liked the LCD-X, but sold them due to weight and used my 800S more.
Resolve made the verite sound like a much improvement over the auteur.

ok, that makes sense. iā€™m more of the middle of road guy. i like the hd800S but i wasnt a fan of the dt1990 for some reason.

Well, the aeolus with suede pads is probably middle of the road too, Iā€™d just read up as much as possible on the two. And tbh, youā€™d probably be happy with either. So I wouldnā€™t stress out as much on the decision.

1 Like

ok, i hear that. thank you for all of your help. its much appreciated.

I havenā€™t been home much the past two weeks, and Iā€™ve been on very little. But having become the recent owner of a Verite, Eikon, and Aeolus, I personally would rank them in that order. All three are great headphones, and hard to be critical of, but the Aeolus took the most getting used to for me. You can really hear the additional capabilities the Verite has, and the Eikon may be my favorite headphone ever at first listen. I hope to have time to put together a better writeup of each, and ideally compare them with some of my other gear. All 3 sound better off of tubes than solid state to me

3 Likes

i know you cant judge the headphone for what it is and its actual true sound on Zs demos, but when you compare all the demos for what they are, i think i liked the Verite the most followed by the Auteur then the Aeolus. The Verite felt like the vocals were more recessed (in a good way/not in your face) and the low end was better (hefty). The Auteurs vocals were a little more recessed than the Aeolus and the Auteur may have had a little more low end (hard to tell with that tho). The Aeolus made me feel like i was all up in the music. Too much for me i think. The Verite had the best sound stage followed by the Auteur. The Aeolus felt a little too tight. I think the Verite had the best imaging and separation followed by the Autuer.

Iā€™ve been looking forward to your writeups. Canā€™t wait :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not a big vocals guy. im more into the music and the music i listen too uses layered walls of sound. Synths. Its a little arty. It has a large soundstage already. I like U2, Simple Minds. Tears for Fears. Talk Talk. Duran Duran. Depeche Mode. Radio Head. A-ha ectā€¦

So i dont like a lot of soundstage width. i prefer a more intimate forward soundstage. Detail is a BIG deal to me. I like my headphone to capture as much dynamics and imaging as possible. I also like midrange and it bugs me when its missing. i also want great bass and treble extension. I dont like too much bass and treble. More Balanced or Neutral. I want as big a driver as i can get. I prefer Semiopen, but open headphones are fine. Not closed. I prefer a Planar Magetic driver. I dont like Dark headphones.

A headphone can be the cheapest made thing on the planet. and with the jankiest cable around. I dont care. I dont care who makes it. The things above is primary. And i want it cheap. very cheap.

Zeos sound demos have some info that can be gleaned from them. I didnt really like the Aeolus. Iā€™m getting the Autuer soon. the Verite is too expensive.

2 Likes

What is to the Verite what the Elex is to the Utopia in the ZMF line?