đź”· 1More Triple Driver

Not sure if I want these.
I dislike how Beyerdynamic does V, so maybe I just need something even more V to convince me?

Personally I think these are pretty great if you want a pretty good v shape for the price. TBH beyer does a weird v shape and it’s more their house sound than a v shape (but it’s easier to describe it as a v shape)

144€… HMMMmmm
Kind of a lot for a jump in the unknown.

apparently the gold version of these headphones are not as good as the silver so beware which ones you get

1 Like

Where have you heard that? I haven’t heard anything like that

Soren_Peregrine told me here:

1 Like

I’ve had one of these for several years. I mostly used mine for commuting but as I don’t commute now they have generally sat in the cupboard. The concern I would have for gaming is wearing them for many hours, as they are on-ear not over-ear. I found them fine for the first 45 minutes and then even the slight pressure on the ear starts to be felt and to be annoying. If gaming is a half-day or more adventure I suggest looking elsewhere for full over-ear headphones.

PS Agree that the sound is very good and fun is an apt description.

2 Likes

Hmmm, well that’s good to know, found more info here on the differences. It seems there is a tuning and driver difference

2 Likes

I really wish these had larger earcups to me more overear, as the comfort is kinda a pretty large limiting factor for some with these

Agree. Damn good for on-ear, and worked well for me commuting as they were always worn for less than an hour. Tried once with a movie at home and by the end decided never to do that again!

Excuse me, WTF 1More?

Strange, I wonder why they did that without making it more clear

2 Likes

I am honestly a bit pissed about this discovery.
Releasing different models is alright, but communicate that to the user FFS.
Make them the H1707 and H1708 or whatever.

Were you looking at a gold or a silver one?

I have the silver ones (did research and also found reviewers preferred the silver to gold), but the box mine came in clearly states it is a titanium driver. Some more googling and this may have been a mistake on the box??? Although it is also just a coating, not the driver material as such. Still, I was very happy with mine and may give them a blast later since this discussion came up.

1 Like

I don’t care about the looks.
I care about knowing what I buy.

I was mainly asking if the one you were going to buy was the gold or the silver, as which one was available over there

You tell me:

Listing shows pictures of both.

Place your bets everyone, silver or gold

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise me if they are all the same graphene coated driver now. And also a black version (market specific possibly?). https://global.1more.com/product/triple-driver-over-ear-headphones/