đź”· 1More Triple Driver

Soren_Peregrine told me here:

1 Like

I’ve had one of these for several years. I mostly used mine for commuting but as I don’t commute now they have generally sat in the cupboard. The concern I would have for gaming is wearing them for many hours, as they are on-ear not over-ear. I found them fine for the first 45 minutes and then even the slight pressure on the ear starts to be felt and to be annoying. If gaming is a half-day or more adventure I suggest looking elsewhere for full over-ear headphones.

PS Agree that the sound is very good and fun is an apt description.

2 Likes

Hmmm, well that’s good to know, found more info here on the differences. It seems there is a tuning and driver difference

2 Likes

I really wish these had larger earcups to me more overear, as the comfort is kinda a pretty large limiting factor for some with these

Agree. Damn good for on-ear, and worked well for me commuting as they were always worn for less than an hour. Tried once with a movie at home and by the end decided never to do that again!

Excuse me, WTF 1More?

Strange, I wonder why they did that without making it more clear

2 Likes

I am honestly a bit pissed about this discovery.
Releasing different models is alright, but communicate that to the user FFS.
Make them the H1707 and H1708 or whatever.

Were you looking at a gold or a silver one?

I have the silver ones (did research and also found reviewers preferred the silver to gold), but the box mine came in clearly states it is a titanium driver. Some more googling and this may have been a mistake on the box??? Although it is also just a coating, not the driver material as such. Still, I was very happy with mine and may give them a blast later since this discussion came up.

1 Like

I don’t care about the looks.
I care about knowing what I buy.

I was mainly asking if the one you were going to buy was the gold or the silver, as which one was available over there

You tell me:

Listing shows pictures of both.

Place your bets everyone, silver or gold

1 Like

It wouldn’t surprise me if they are all the same graphene coated driver now. And also a black version (market specific possibly?). https://global.1more.com/product/triple-driver-over-ear-headphones/

K den.
Just going to send them an Email and ask what is going on.

Here is Josh’s review of my old pair. No other pair does forward imaging quite like it and the bass is almost unmatched. It is so good I would consider owning them again. The only pair I regret having to sell. :frowning:

1 Like

Well hey, looks like I got something right about headphones lol.
I think they are not that great for comfort, but I did find a way to place them on my ear so that the back of the pad is pushed forward a little more on my head, and the front of the pad is past my ear and just behind my bone. It improved comfort quite a bit without changing the sound. Still not great, but that way I was able to wear them for a couple hours approximately.

2 Likes

Well, thanks for bringing that info otherwise I would have been none the wiser

2 Likes

Got a reply:

Right now only the silver (titanium) version with newest Driver Technology exists.
The Model gold (copper) is the old version.

That answers it in a sorta-kinda way.

1 Like