šŸ”· 1More Triple Driver

maybe you need to wear the pads in. I found after a while the pads didnt bother me anymore

That was the only complaint I had with these, the pads. Not too comfortable but definitely tolerable for a couple hours.

I agree with those who adore the sound but find the design to be something between on ear and over ear. They have a lovely build and terrific tactile quality and the sound signature is one which many will fall in love with very easily. However I find they are the same as my daughters Marshall headphones in that because they do not fully go around my ear they end up pinching my ear and become uncomfortable very quickly. Brilliant headphones if the fit works though.

Thereā€™s also that mod that was posted earlier on how to put Beats pads on them for a true over ear fit. Voids the warranty for sure but the comfort would go way up.

Hi I like your reviews. They have been helpful. I have been looking for something with more bass than my 58x. I saw these were on sale on Drop. Should I get these or the PII which you recommended as being v-shaped.

Well the 58x has a lot of bass. I would recommend one of the Fostex close backs. maybe the purple heart. you can find it used. they just stoped making it. theres also the Denon closed backs. but i think closed back is the way you want to go. The P2 has nice bass but not more than the 58x. Fostex has some closed back bassy models in production but i dont know them. maybe someone can comment. but ive heard a lot about the fostex purple hearts, like they got a tone of bass. next would be the mehagony, then the ebony has the least of the th00x line

If your looking in this price range the one more triple drivers have a nice amount of bass being rather v shaped similarly the DT 770 as thatā€™s has a good bump and extension in the bass region, or if you want another open back the Fidelio X2 hr more bass than the 58x and a surprising amount for an open back

I saw a lot of people saying the X2 is muddy. But I went with the P2. I know Iā€™m probably still in my honeymoon phase with these, but I really like the P2. Bass is different than the 58x, I want to say that there is more, but I am really enjoying these, and I think that is what its about. Enjoying what Iā€™m listening to. I didnā€™t know what I was missing with the 58x. I am not going to switch back and forth, because to be completely honest, I donā€™t want to take these of my head!
:smile::smile:

Few questions about these.

First, does anyone have a direct comparison of pad size compared to the b&o h6? Iā€™ve heard the h6 described as possibly on ear for some people and not others and it seems these get described the same way. I have the h6 and for me they are just over ear, and Iā€™m wondering if these would be the same way or if the pads on these are smaller than the h6.

Second, I consider myself to be treble sensitive to some degree, so with that in mind, can the highs on these be harsh in any scenario or not at all?

Thanks

I think that it would depend on the amp, but they can get a bit peaky and up there at times. If you consider yourself treble sensitive I donā€™t know if it would be the safest bet, I think the h6 might be a safer choice

Damnit, kind of had a feeling with that tweeter. I want to love these for some reason.

@j.fopps Personally I did not find the highs harsh at all on these.
Letā€™s compare them to a Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250 ohm for example. Even though the 250 ohm version I liked, the treble could still be sharp, sometimes bothersome. In comparison to those, the treble on these was much more clean sounding. Clear and clean. I didnā€™t find them harsh. If they are too much, you could probably tone down the treble with a specific amplifier.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t ever found them to be harsh. For comparison, I find the Tin T2 to sometimes bump up against the edge of harshness for me.

2 Likes

It may have something to do with having them on certain amplifiers that are brighter too. I know the DAP I was running them off when I tried them probably leans more neutral than bright.

Has anyone tried to see if HAC 2.5mm will fit? I know Z was saying in his review that the stock cable is kinda tight

I donā€™t have the 1More, but as long as itā€™s not the locking 2.5mm, the HAC should work. They use a narrow connector that shouldnā€™t get in the way for most applications.

What other multi-driver headphones are out there? Only others I can think of are the Klipsch Mode M40, which was their first attempt at noise cancelling cans. Those were pretty much my first headphone that didnā€™t come with a Walkman, portable CD player, or phone. Still have them, though they are passive only now.

In the audiophile market? I donā€™t know. Otherwise? Skullcandy Crusher and Razer Tiamat. If there are more, I donā€™t personally know about them.

@M0N knows a decent bit about this actually lol. He mentioned a few that are pretty good.

I donā€™t doubt that, as the sage of HFG. Must have missed it, thoughā€¦donā€™t see it in this thread?