šŸ”· 1More Triple Driver

There is a headfi mod guide for changing pads to specifically some beats studio over-ear pads, or you can get creative and make your own mount with some glue or double sided tape.

1 Like

@Beeswax how much does it change the sound? Do you have to cut openings on them like the original pads were? I would do that, but I am concerned it would change the sound drastically, and I like the way the sound stock, I wouldnā€™t change that sound for anything.

Here is the post buy the guy who came up with the beats mod, it has a step by step guide.

I just made the cardboard version to fit dekoni pads today, which doesnā€™t use the original parts and obviously doesnā€™t seal quite as well. TH-X00 pads should be a good alternative to beats as it has a similarly small opening which preserves the original sound ā€“ if you can adapt the original parts to fit dekonis i would definitely try to do that.

4 Likes

Oh this is awesome! Iā€™m VERY INTERESTED in doing this. Gonna start doing some research.

@Beeswax
I donā€™t know, Iā€™m still very skeptical about it having the same sound. The stock pads have those little openings on the side of the pad like a beehive.
See pics:

20200111_143846

Do you see where those openings are? Thatā€™s where they are directing the sound from the tweeter to come out of. On the pads you show, I donā€™t see those little openings. Please clarify if possible. I think if those little holes no longer exist, the tweeter imaging will be less forward, and I certainly donā€™t want that, as I liked having the highs sound like they were closer and in front.

Tweeter is right here, i donā€™t think not having the holes will impact it very much, but i could be wrong:

Either way, itā€™s not going to sound exactly the same as the original pads, but there is no way iā€™m wearing on-ears. Pads with small openings will sound closer to the original sound than pads with large openings and i think itā€™s definitely a worthwhile sacrifice if the sound is even affected in a bad way, which Iā€™m not convinced it is.

Edit: also, Iā€™m mostly parroting what Slater already said in the head-fi thread as he seems to have played around with different pads and mods and reached conclusions that most people who tried it seemed to agree with.

1 Like

If you donā€™t mind the sound changing slightly, I do think this is the way to go. I find the on ear design tolerable for me though, and I certainly do not want to mess with anything about the sound. But this does make it interesting. This does open up many modding ideas. Maybe a company could do something to these like they do Fostex mods? I donā€™t know, a bit of a stretch, but it is still an interesting idea.

I would like to see an in-depth review/discussion about the differences in sound between this mod and the original though. That would be the real deal that I would love to know, not just about the modding instructions.

Dig through the head-fi thread, Iā€™m sure someone commented on it. I canā€™t really say as I only tried them for like 1 minute before modding them, and mine are the gold version. Not sure how much different the silvers are.

1 Like

The silver use a different driver material I believe, and have some fine tuned adjustments that made them better. You can read more about it further back in this thread.

The silver one in the US uses an actual graphene Driver, whereas the gold does not. 1More goofed a bit here and made a mistake sadly. See image above.
This doesnā€™t mean the gold one is bad though. I think they are both good headphones.

For a while now Iā€™ve been excited about headphones with more than one driver. I mean how cool must that be? Makes sense in a lot of ways. One driver to handle bass, one for midrange, one for treble. Maybe a big headphone with a planar for bass, dynamic for midrage and electrostat for treble! how about that!? Wouldnā€™t that be awesome!? :smiley: Well now we finally got it! The 1More Triple Driver headphone!

No. we dont. Just kidding. But we do have a kind of triple driver headphone. The 1More has a passive bass reflector, the main a dynamic driver, and a small ceramic driver for a tweeter! On top of that the dynamic driver has a graphene coating! Graphene is a material thats 1 atom thick and 200 times stronger than steel. Theres been only a couple headphones that i know of with a graphene driver. They claim to be the first. But these headphones are the first. Well its not a full graphene driver, its a mylar driver with a graphene coating. But it still scores high for total coolness.

Theres been other multiple driver headphones. But companies have never been able to make them work very well. Not 1More. They pulled it off. And did a fantastic job. These headphones sound terrific! This is a awesome company and i look forward to hear what they do in the future. Maybe a new higher resolution headphone, open back, thats truly over ear in a higher price range?

So how much do these headphones cost? 600$? 1000$? Nope. They cost only 150$ Now i dont want to oversell these headphones. They are on ear smaller headphones. Close backs. They dont sound as good as a Elex or Aiva. As a matter of fact these headphones come with a very short cable with a inline mic and volume/mute control in the right line to the headphone. This works with my LGV20 phone and the volume is decent. Its 32Ī©. Though it could be louder. One could think its a headphone for portable use. It certainly beats the Koss headphones. It can distort at higher volume and the bass reflector can also distort on bassy tracks. But on most of my music its fine.

SOUND

These headphones are very affected by the position you have them on the ear. If you look at the pads youā€™ll notice a number of holes on the front inside pad. This is where the ceramic tweeter projects the treble. So the further back you can place them on your ear the better they sound. And you can here some of the treble range projected from the front.

Treble is crisp and clear. Very nice treble. Thereā€™s a narrow 7K drop in the frequency response. this is where the siblince is so this headphone doesnā€™t have any sibilance. Its bassy and has a very good bass response with good slam. the sub bass is present. but not as much bass as the fostex ebony, or maybe not as well expressed, despite the reflector. Might not satisfy bass heads. Good Mids, its a little warm. Its a W shape leaning towards bright but not bright. Good range. good soundstage. not too wide. Detail and resolution are good but not too great, not a technical headphone. Ive often heard this described as ā€œfunā€ sounding. It handled my headphone testing Simple Minds playlist no problem. Needs burn in.

These headphones sound really really good. Iā€™m wondering if maybe we should be recommending this over the He4xx and Sennhieser 58x for people looking for headphones in this price range. I first discovered this headphone on the Master Switch list of the top headphones for 2019. A list I very much respect. I think itā€™s the best list of headphones on the internet. But sadly its no longer on the list. Zeos loves these headphones and said these headphones do things that no other headphone on his wall do. Joshua Valor loved these headphones for movies and had a very immersive experience with them.

BUILD

Build on these headphones are very impressive. All metal and leather. Has tilt and swivel. Folds up to fit in a very compact bag that comes with it. These headphones were sold with a certain Maserati car. This is why the cup looks the way it does. itā€™s supposed to copy the rim of a Maserati. I dont know what these headphones originally retailed for but i keep feeling they were at one time very expensive. There not discontinued or anything. 1More are still selling them on their website for 200$ The company is called 1More ā€œhear moreā€. At 200$ these seem like a good deal. At 150$ they may be a steal.

Theres not a lot of padding on the pads but its feels comfortable enough. Headband is fine. Has a 36mm dynamic driver and 10mm ceramic tweeter. Beware the gold color version of these headphones. The driver is a different material and doesnā€™t sound as good as the silver version. Pads cannot be removed. A very classy pair of headphones.

PACKAGING

The Packaging is also impressive. Comes in a very nice cardboard box. Classy design in brown and beige with a metal magnetic handle and product design blueprints printed on the inside. Comes with a case, bag for the headphones and Ā¼ adapter.

CONCLUSION

I really like these headphones. Their replacing Koss for my portable headphone. They look very classy though. Might not want to go down a dark alley with them. I feel like people underestimate these. I think they sound far better than people think. The only other headphones i had in this price range are the Nad HP50 and Grado SR225e these beat those easy. Also the Fostex T50rp, which i feel these also beat but just barely. I just ordered the Sennhieser 58X and the Hifiman HE4X so weā€™ll see how they compare. These headphones are great.

7 Likes

Youā€™re so much better at writing reviews lol. Mine was all scrambled up.
Iā€™m glad you like them so much. They definitely benefit from a good amplifier, or a good portable amp if you are on the go. Really helps the 2 drivers work properly.

2 Likes

Great review man! I love one mores. They are the closest competitors to the dt 770

2 Likes

Imo, they are way more impressive than DT770, the 250 ohm version of the 770 was the only one I liked. DT770 250 ohm are a good choice if you want a slightly more balanced sound, with a little more midrange, but if you want that sub-bass and clear treble, 1More no question.

What did you guys think of the figurine?

1 Like

Spoopy. I like it.

I thought i would have a little fun with how Zeos is always using sexy girl figurines lol

1 Like

Who knows, maybe if you kiss that frog she will turn into a beautiful princessā€¦ :smirk:

Already tried, nothing.

2 Likes

MazeFrame, I know that I am a little late on this, but I have REALLY enjoyed these headphones. Keep in mind, this is my first pair of what I would consider to be quality heaphones, so my viewpoint is probably skewed.

What I really enjoy about these heaphones is the bass. I think it is best described as clear and powerful. A lot of times that I have experienced bass ā€œa lotā€ of bass, it has, in retrospect, been very muddled. Not these at all. Crisp, punchy and wonderful.

The treble seems clearer than normal, but I donā€™t listen to a lot of music that has higher notes to it. But it does seem ā€œcleanerā€. In a lesser way, I would describe the mids to be the same. They are much more similar to what my other heaphones were like.

My only real issue is the earpads. They are simply too small for a proper overear fit. They can become uncomfortable after, say, 2-3 hours. It is legitimately the only thing I wish were different about them.

3 Likes