The DEALS thread

What I like them the most for is Electronic, EDM, all that stuff, and also a lot of metal sounds great too!
I think the DT770 250 ohm is better for things like classical or jazz, since it has more mids, but I would recommend something like the 58x or a warmer pair for that kind of music anyways.

That’s too bad. Sorry dude.
There are some people who have modded them to be true over ear with Beats pads, which are very comfortable even if Beats themselves don’t sound great.

Had I’ve known that…

Let me see if I can find the link…
It does void the warranty though. So there is that to be careful of…

Don’t bother. They are long gone…

well new pads might cover the tweeter. the inside of the pads that come with them have 10 holes in the front side. unless they poked holes into the replacement pads. i did a review of them here:

Still thought it worth posting.
I do agree with you @Antpage2, the only thing I am concerned about is that the direction of the treble imaging might change.
However from the pics it looks like the tweeter isn’t covered up by the pad mod, it may just change where the sound is coming from.

you gotta give ‘feel’ some time…usually several days. if they’re different than what you’re used to, they’re gong to rub and cause sore spots, no different than getting a new office chair. the arm rests usually rub your thighs differently and it creates a sore spot, which goes away eventually as you get used to it.

I will say they did get a little bit better as I got used to them and fiddled around with them more. But then I had to return them. :sob:

Ath-AD1000x - 52% off!

1 Like

Dekoni Blue for 170$ Might be cool to send this to Modhouse and get a blue Argon lol:

1 Like

Huh… never thought about it that way! That actually might look cool lol.

1 Like

I’ve actually been debating this. Even though you won’t use the Dekoni pads with the Argon, it’s still a great value getting the two sets plus a unique blue Argon. It’s more appealing to me than the black and orange version.

1 Like

You could ball out in a budget and try these pads. These almost are like ZMF pad clones. Since Argons use ZMF pads.

1 Like

True, but there are things that they do to the Argon internally that can’t really be done with just pads.

1 Like

Fair enough, plus you can always buy a comfort strap and apply it yourself versus sending it in to Modhouse. I even thought of skipping the Argons and looking at the Fostex Ebony / PHs but they’re all gone… plus I heard their build quality was shoddy? First world problems.

The Fostex Ebony are supposedly really nice. I think M0N may know more about some of the higher end Fostex.

Yeah, I heard a sound demo of them and the bass sounded incredible. Z’s sound demo with the Argons had me going but listening to demo of the Ebony felt like they put the Argons to shame.

They definitely do imo lol

1 Like

RIP. If you don’t mind me asking, are they harder to drive? And would you have a general idea of what a solid price would be for a used pair? I just found a pair of used mahogany ones on Ebay for $350, but not sure I’d find some that cheap for the Ebony or PH.

1 Like