šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Well after 2 weeks solid usage and the Timeless being left running 8hrs a day for several days as well i can say that the imaging has improved.
No. its never going to win awards for this but i can only report what my ears are hearing.
Now Iā€™m not a believer of burn-in except for trad cone speakers and certainly not iems so maybe its ear burn-in Iā€™m experiencing?

Its still an odd presentation (i get the high frequencies in front and above - kinda like an arc over my forehead - all the mids are still middle of my head and the bass is sort of down at the base of my neck) but its definitely better defined than the amorphous blur i got from initial listening.
Its not super pin point or anything like it but i can more clearly locate individual instruments better
I need to try some further tracks but this was what i got from last nights session
So maybe someone can also leave them running 24/7 for a week and see if they hear any changes for the sake of my sanity :slight_smile:
Either way i like them enough to be ordering another set when they are back in stock.
Its not perfect (what is!) but its the benchmark that all future planar iems are going to have to beat thats for certain.

And at the end of the day, variety is the spice of life right !

6 Likes

3 Likes

@Ohmboy , sorry about the mess.

Iā€™ve been thinking about this for a while and, to avoid further spamm or ball throwing on official threads and reviewersā€™ threads, is it ok to create an IEM lounge on this sub-forum (iem - others or something) just to throw balls around and talk about IEM related stuff?

Something inside the guidelines ofc, just to throw balls around, no drawbacks to official threads or reviewers?

1 Like

If itā€™s IEM related then hereā€¦

If itā€™s a random meme circle jerk then the Off Topic section if at all? :+1:

1 Like

And please create a new thread for the cute gifs too :pray:

1 Like

My Dudu Audio Store order (US $ 177.45) for the 7Hz just got cancelled (Iā€™ve never tried this before):

Not sure if itā€™s ā€œnormalā€ but the order status is ā€œThe seller has shipped your orderā€ and itā€™s had a tracking number for days (with no actions though), but when looking under logistics information thereā€™s a message stating ā€œCancelled by sellerā€

I guess itā€™s due to the supplier issues others have mentioned?

EDIT: Seems so:

1 Like

LZ A6
Sony Ex1000
Fiio FD5

2 Likes

Maybe just like mine :

ā€œDear, the tracking number has expired and has been changed again, please rest assuredā€

1 Like

I hope so :slight_smile:

EDIT: It could seem like that is the caseā€¦ :wink: Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Yes, they did the same to me. They are waiting for 7Hz to deliver the goods but they (7Hz) are currently having issues with suppliers and it could take a while before your Timeless will ship.
I cancelled my order and will use these funds to buy EJ07M

2 Likes

I wish you success with the order :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just got a confirmation on it ā€œgetting a new tracking numberā€ā€¦ Whatever that means (when?)ā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Thanks and sorry once again. We took it off-topic.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Man this SS vā€™s Hybrid tube IEM planar is gonna take a while, Iā€™ve just tried the P1ā€™s on the 604 (not db volume matched yet) and the first two things that stand out are the soundstage is wider on the 604 (Kate Bushā€™s track the Fog) and John Bonhamā€™s kick drums have more impact (when the levee breaks) and again Stairway to Heaven the sound stage is wider :thinking:
I wonā€™t spam the 7hz thread anymore, Iā€™ll keep A/Bā€™ing the P1ā€™s and when I finally get the 7hz Iā€™ll hit the ground running :+1:

4 Likes

The bass on 7Hz is pretty dope. No EQ neededā€¦for Bonham anyway.

5 Likes

Did you found any kinda of hiss with other iems on that amp - like Z1R? Iā€™m interested on 602/604 :slight_smile:

No hiss on the P1ā€™s (even the missus tried them) but have a slight feedback? hum now and again, not audible when playing music so that needs investigatingā€¦not tried the Z1Rā€™s but they need similar :boom::muscle: so I canā€™t see them being a hiss problem :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try all my sets given time :+1: (but db matching will be time consuming :grimacing:) but Iā€™ll post my findings on the 604 thread :+1:

1 Like