đŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Tripple vents? How is the isolation on Timeless?

Just asked the Missus and she said she can’t hear it when I’m using them
bear in mind the vents face inward :+1:

1 Like

Errrrr
 I meant isolation from the outside noise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As good as most IEM’s ie the vents make no difference to outside noise.

2 Likes

SpinFits reduce the soundstage, foam tips increase the soundstage on the Timeless.

I made my decision and the timeless is now foam tips only for me.

1 Like

I had suspicions but now proof. Timeless got a stealth revision and you can see it on tips. Waiting for a graph atm.

Original:

6 Likes

Ive seen here someone, cant recall who, measuring the nozzle diameter and his caliper was showing 6.1mm while on mine its 6.25mm(widest part) and 5.35mm narower part. I even specifically because of this tested my caliper on calibration plates and its erroring ±0.03 which is within spec. So unless that other persons caliper is off, then the nozzle diameter has been changed too.

2 Likes

It was @Ohmboy!

Youre right.

Could you measure yours so we know for sure if its the case?

And @Ohmboy could you also measure the narrower part of the nozzle?

Edit:
Oh, and congrats on your new iem :slight_smile: @nymz . You finally know its real and not just some conspiracy theory :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s not mine -. - mine is stuck for a month now on customs

Im gonna cry, now

1 Like

Ohhh damnnn, i thought you finally received it :frowning:

So still a mythic beast as far as youre concerned that timeless of yours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ordered mine more than a week ago from hifigo and they still didn’t send it out :confused:

High demand. No ready stock, has been like this for some time.

Mine are dia 6.1mm and 5.2mm calipers are calibrated. Tips came in little bags, not boxes. No blue ribbon. No hat!

1 Like

That settles that i suppose. We know there are 2 models with different outer nozzle diameter.
I went a step further and measured the inner diameter as far the caliper could go in with the nozzle grill removed, and i got 3.91mm.
If thats different on yours too(the trend so far is -0.15mm), well know for sure theres 2 different sounding ones out there.

1 Like

Different nozzles will sound different. This might explain some stuff

1 Like

Yup, soundstage and harshness come to mind.
Though i think more important would be to know the inner diameter, as just by outer diameter you cant say for sure, maybe one has just thinner and other one bit thicker walls
?

1 Like

"My finger hurts removing the mmcx. mmcx remover wont fit because the faceplate "

It’s true ?

The isolation is very low, only a bit more than an actual open back, which is expected as the fit is shallow and there are 4 vent holes. I can hear conversations clearly, and I basically only use it in very quiet environments.

1 Like

would an apple dac dongle power these sufficiently?