`

2 Likes

No treble harshness in this manner ?

Probably not with the tip sitting next to it in the picture. ;p

1 Like

Depends on your sensitivity to treble but for me, no
its sounds bloody fantastic.

1 Like

The foam tips don’t works for me. You have the black or the blue filter one ? :slight_smile: You are a big fan of the Timeless.

now I’m really curious, I hope I get mine tomorrow

It was an accidental discovery. I tried casting some custom tips and broke a filter in the process so I tried them without and no way was the filter going back.
But ymmv.

Got the white filter timeless edition. I’m satisfied with the treble so far.

1 Like

foam tips generally don’t work for me either. Though I just ordered the W in a different size to try again. Since some tips have been working better in M and ML on some IEMs lately. And the W came the closest to working for me. The biggest problem is they wouldn’t stay in.

I don’t know what my first timeless had (checked some pictures but never took one that close up). My current one has dark color not the light blue or whatever it is.

And, yes, I am a timeless fanboy. I have consciously kept only 3 headphones in my regular rotation. This is one of them. I keep a few others because they are shockingly good. Like the mele, which I will happily take anywhere for any reason given how good the sound is and how inexpensive it is to replace.

2 Likes

a year ago, I got some free samples of Symbio tips, because its a Hungarian product, but to me these hybrids are totally hopeless.

these things have the most hype of any iem since perhaps since the dusks?

1 Like

The hype is justified. The timeless is a low budget endgame IEM.

4 Likes

I will be honest, I own both. The timeless is absolutely worth the hype. The dusk? Less so. The dusk does have one advantage for me, and that is the impact of the DD driver. And the tuning on the dusk is engaging without crossing the line. But the timeless is not far behind on either count and does so much other stuff better.

Choo choo! Keep that train rolling.

4 Likes

They weren’t bad for me. They just didnt stay in well. They are the only “foam” tips I have been able to tolerate in other ways. I don’t like comply because it takes 30-60 seconds to form before it stops making sounds in my ear, then I don’t usually like the sounds from the IEM. Dekoni foam is better on that front.

The W hybrids didn’t have that issue. So I will try the new size and see how it goes.

Might be.

@Pocok Where is that picture with the paper filter from? and do we know for sure that its not an user modification?

When they first came out, ive seen unboxing videos with the tuning foam in the baggy with the spare grills. Might be some dont have the foam in to begin with, unless it was a spare?
Did some measurements without foam yesterday, and channel imbalance is still pretty much there, so not entirely related to foam. In one of my earpieces i discovered the foam to be put in sideways and not covering the whole hole. After adjusting both foam pieces to be just right under the notch that i suppose its there to hold it and almost flush to the grill, i did have bit of an improvement. Most noteable is the one difference of around 5-5.5db between the channels at around 10.5k by my measuring rig(which isnt pretty good for the time beeing, but good enough for spotting changes), got reduced to 3-3.5db difference between the channels.

Heres the changes i measured just without the foam, and both without foam and grill. Ofcourse depending on tips used, insertion depth etc. perception of the changes will be different.

3 Likes

Foams have another advantage: they take your earwax out. Just wipe them with a handkerchief after a listening session. My ears are always clean now.

2 Likes

The secret that cotton swab manufacturers dont want you to know :).

If thats related to my mentioning of foam, i have in mind the tuning foam thats inside the nozzle, not foam tips.

2 Likes

And that looks like the hybrid foam filled tips.

I would guess the foam would dampen some of the treble, and it looks like a fairly small opening too, which also tends to limit treble.