šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Yeah they sound like theyā€™ll be fantastic regardless of price. I like how youā€™ve presented your thoughts based on actual performance rather than based on value per price point - ā€œsounds good for the moneyā€ means nothing to anyone so Iā€™m happy when reviewers like yourself avoid these comments.

I guess I was saying take reviews as a prompt whether to dip your feet it or not but only the end user can tell what they find good relative to what theyā€™ve heard as well.

Iā€™m glad youā€™re enjoying them and hope people donā€™t get put off trying something just because of one negative in a plethora of positives! Iā€™m getting itchy ears waiting for mine to arrive.

3 Likes

Ha ha, Iā€™m not really a reviewer. Iā€™m just a hobbyist like all the rest of you that loves listening to music. I just so happen to be a collector with a huge collection of IEMs and experience with them.

ā€¦and I like to talk a lot. :wink:

Exactly. I personally do exactly that. Iā€™ve been listening to BGGARā€™s recommendations for quite sometime and when he suggests to check something out, I listen. @Rikudou_Goku is another reviewer I trust with my wallet. Neither of these guys have steered me wrong and Iā€™ve usually always been happy with their recommendations. They know their stuff and Iā€™ve learned a great deal from them both.

You were spot on when mentioning the context of my experience with TOTL gear. I hope people value my opinions because I have experience with arguably some of the best equipment available and can let people understand how a $200 IEM stacks up against much more expensive items and be completely transparent about it. But as you said, you have to keep that context in mind when I am giving impressions having lots of experience with IEMs like the MEST MKII considered one of if not the best the hobby has to offer. Well said!

10 Likes

Well we all do appreciate that you like to talk a lot :rofl::+1:

4 Likes

Ha ha, not so sure about that. Sometimes I start writing and then hit Reply, look up and say to myself. OMGā€¦ Did I just write all of that? :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s just a sign of enthusiasm! :+1: Keep at it.

4 Likes

Let me see what I can dig upā€¦ Just be aware, I just woke up and thereā€™s no coffee in my system.

To be fair they also said it was weird.

Are there any particular songs youā€™re looking for? Iā€™m most framiliar with the 10,000 Days album, Sober, Prison Sex, Stinkfist, Fourty Six & 2, and Schism

For imaging the song ā€œFear Inoculumā€ really stands out and is my test track for imaging when the drums come in.

Gotcha. Not one Iā€™m super framiliar with, but I just grabbed it. Iā€™ll probably give it a few listens to get a good idea, and give me time to grab some coffee.

1 Like

Iā€™m counting on it! Thatā€™s exactly how I feel about the P1 and why itā€™s doesnā€™t get much useā€¦ :slight_smile:

Itā€™s kinda magical, but I canā€™t quite get used to the (lack of) low end on itā€¦ :slight_smile:

I was like ā€œfuck yes!ā€ when I read @Resolutionā€™s impressions on the Timeless! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice. I have zero issues with the tonality of Timeless. Itā€™s great! I skipped P1 because it looked horrible and I did not want to EQ the shit out of it to get it to resemble something worth listening to.

I hope all of you remember I am comparing the Timeless to everything else out there I have heard, In regard to the stage and imaging, the Timeless is one of the weakest performers Iā€™ve ever heard in imaging. The stage is an average width, nothing special but has very little forward/back dimensionality. Compared to the dynamic and holographic stage and imaging of hybrids and tribrids, the Timeless is lacking. But also take into consideration the price differences.

In addition, when it comes to resolution, the Timeless is competing with all of them if not beating them.

Everything in context guys.

I still have yet to hear something that is perfect at everything. It doesnā€™t exist.

4 Likes

I got itā€¦ :wink:

For me, it sounds like a set Iā€™d like to have in my collectionā€¦ :wink:

If they were all similar I wouldnā€™t have a collection. I would just pick the ā€œbest oneā€ and ā€œbe doneā€ but whatā€™s the fun in thatā€¦? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Otherwise everyone would buy that ā€˜perfectā€™ thing since there is no need for anything else :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

We already got the HBB mele, might as well call this the 7Hz Resolution :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Time to replace your P1 :wink:

1 Like

Me too. Itā€™s resolution is insane. Itā€™s staying in my collection because it is so good and unique and absolutley killer at itā€™s price. It beat my #1 rec in my tier 1 (Mangird Tea) in many categories (not all) which is saying a lot!

One more ding that I have yet to mention that Iā€™ve been noticing with more time with the Timeless that no one will want to hear or accept but Iā€™ll be honest about it. Because the resolution is so fantastic, vocals that are recorded sibilant will be portrayed that way. It will not cover up or smooth out poor/harsh recordings be it good or bad.

5 Likes

Given itā€™s price, I may end up picking this up just to have a detail monster in IEM form.

For me personally, I donā€™t get the hassle of a low-detail IEM/wired headphone as if I want low detail/resolution, I much prefer my Airpod Proā€™s as they are super coinvent and comfortable, but lacking in detail/resolution.

3 Likes

My P1 will always have a place in my :heart: spent the other night listening to just it, no eq shenanigans or bass boost this or that just :muscle::boom:ā€¦fucking love it :+1:

2 Likes

Gonna order some new cables then its time for me to get my hands on the 7hz timeless. What cables should i get? pure copper, silver or mixed?

Cable shoppingā€¦

2 Likes