šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Lol EJ07m just does a 360Āŗ with this. Thanks for the link

3 Likes

Dad enjoying the Timeless :metal:

10 Likes

Because @nymz wonā€™t shut up about the EJ07m, I was watching this video and just thought Iā€™d share with you guys. Not because it has anything to do with Timeless butā€¦

Paul expresses exactly my points about IEMs and EQ.

He states that the bass is goldilocks on the EJ07. So much so that if he adds even just 1DB of EQ to the bass, the driver falls apart and bloats out.

This is exactly what I am trying to say when people want to start using EQ to fix their IEMs.

Many times, especially with IEMs, EQ can make everything worse. IEMs are many times tuned precisely to sound a specific way on the verge of their FR capabilities.

13:29 inā€¦

4 Likes

Some drivers can handle it. The dunu iems I have are one example of those that canā€™t handle eq.

Stuff like the tin hifi P1, Sony ex1000 on the other hand eat it up without a problem

2 Likes

4 Likes

I really hope this is not the case since I bought @Resolution timeless. Kinda had to talk him in to it and it is not his rec to me, but I didnā€™t want to wait till mid OCT to get one shipped to me and he helped me out.

Worst thought ever, your opinions are highly valued. Please, do share your impressions and knowledge with us. Even if some disagree with you, others can get their own conclusions in their own context.

6 Likes

Point being, do not expect EQ to fix the issues your IEM has and definitely do not expect it to turn it into something itā€™s not.

If you try EQ and are happy with the results, good for you. You got extremely lucky! Donā€™t expect it to happen again and only resort to EQ as a last resort.

2 Likes

Yes, it is a last resortā€¦usually when I fell for a shillā€¦ :sob:

3 Likes

Cut my cable in to pieces, this is my last resortā€¦
No sub bass, ears bleedingā€¦ donā€™t give a F if it is EQ Iā€™m needingā€¦

Sorry, not sorry.

3 Likes

That was awesome and perfectly spot on!

Iā€™m sorry, I can not understand what you mean here.

3 Likes

I need to use eq to fix an iem that was hyped by a shill.

Like theseā€¦

2 Likes

That Final Audio looks like TOTL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

lol at least 300hz - 800hz were close. :wink:

Ha ha, got it! You want my rec on how to ā€œfixā€ it? Throw it to the ground. Stomp on it. Then hit is with a sledgehammer.

This is exactly my point. Do not expect EQ to fix a turd! It wonā€™t 99% of the time.

4 Likes

FIY; this is the culprit for me losing 100 usd on that damn garbageā€¦

Majorhifi? more like Majorscamā€¦

2 Likes

Donā€™t think of it as losing $100. Think of it as an opportunity to show the audiophile world that youā€™re not a shill. Instead, YOU should be trusted through your completely honest review of this complete piece of shit. :wink:

6 Likes

Fortunately, my review is above theirs.

(then the guy above me also seems to be shilling it pretty hardā€¦)

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ I was reading your review of DT300 yesterday and 2 reviews above yours are so obvious damage control itā€™s almost too funny.

1 Like

Yeah, its sad its so damn obvious (one of them got featured on the main page as well :man_facepalming:)

They even blame my unit for being ā€œdefectiveā€ when its clearly NOT.

As proven by tgx78Ā“s graph on it (which btw, he had his unit replaced due to his first one having very poor channel matching).

2 Likes

I really do try to believe in the idea that there is probably a right use for every IEM/tuningā€¦ but not for that. Never for that train wreck.

2 Likes