šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Finally! My 7hz Timeless has arrived. After trying on some different tips im completely happy with this IEM. No sibilance, ultra smooth highs and lots of detail out of the box, no burn in. I did put some EQ on it and now it is even better. Thatā€™s it, i have reached endgame.

8 Likes

Congratulations! :slight_smile: how long do you think that will last?

Also, how are the steps on thriller on yours?

This should be my endgame for atleast a year. If you are talking about the footsteps in the M. Jackson Thriller music video, they sound like normal footsteps.

Played a bit of csgo just now. Soundstage seems normal.

2 Likes

Probably a better test. I donā€™t play that kind of game so I donā€™t have a good sense of what is good in games and what isnā€™t.

Either way, it seems like early units had some QC issues effecting both soundstage and brightness. My new one has improved every ā€œnegativeā€ I had on this thing.

2 Likes

Funny thing here the more I listen to my Timeless the more it reminds me of a mini Z1R and right up to 1.5k they graph almost the same tooā€¦donā€™t get me wrong itā€™s no Z1R when it comes to soundstage, impact/slam and that super tweeter treble but they have their similarities to my ears just the Timeless is way more laid back in itā€™s deliveryā€¦

6 Likes

It seems that burn in effects can be felt 30 mins into usage on my unit. Really good. The treble is so smooth and is absolutely not annoying, even on cymbal hits.

So far I like using it with large yellow silicon tips. Im not sure if I should buy Spinfits. I dont really like the spinfits that much.

However I replaced the cable with a nicehck c8 cable that i ordered before. Sounds good.

1 Like

My timeless arrived in Denmark at the 15th and today I can tell by looking at the tracking app for the local courier, that itā€™s missing import documents (thatā€™s a first when buying through AliExpress and some would say I buy a lot of stuff there) and that recipient will be contacted (probably through snail mail).

Hopefully I wonā€™t receive a dud when it finally arrives 'cause You guys sure have my expectations up thereā€¦ :smiley:

2 Likes

tmlss

A video review incoming for Timeless.

10 Likes

Wow, now Iā€™m really want one to play valorant, diamond rank atm. :+1:

1 Like

This could bust the doors wide open.
Letā€™s hope 7Hz can keep on top of QC as Iā€™m seriously tempted to get a spare set.

Sounded just a little bit better then my tin t2 plus. Like if the steps of the other players go further away then usually. Anyway I set csgo to stereoheadphones audio so the steps are either left or right.

I know I should be just enjoying music, but I wound up spending the majority of my evening last night trying to throw these off their game. Nothing does it. I listen to a lot of experimental music, some mastered well, and alot of it not. There is absolutely nothing I could play that these donā€™t handle beautifully. Thatā€™s huge for me with my Library. I feel like Iā€™m 14 again, with my new Aiwa cassette walkman. I keep taking out the case and looking at it, playing with it for no reason, looking at the iems themselves, just loving these things. Any 90ā€™s techno fans out there reading this? There is absolutely no set Iā€™ve heard that will replay Plastikman like these. Itā€™s just crazy

21 Likes

Plastikman :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Oh yeah baby, thems were the days.

1 Like

Brain burn in is real. I heard it too.

I think the soundstage and sibilance issues werenā€™t as serious as people thought it would be. It does take a while to get used to the planar sound.

I hate to gush butā€¦ damn these are a steal at 200.

4 Likes

Dude, Plastikmanā€¦

Also the minimal techno scene of early-mid 00s, e.g. Oliver Huntemann, Stephan Bodzin, Marc Romboy. Even if you donā€™t dig this genre, it will at least be a good test for the earbuds!

3 Likes

Yeah, brain burn in is real. But hearing a huge jump from unit 1 to unit 2 seems a bit more than brain burn in to me. I should have unburned in as all I had available to me were more relaxed headphones by comparisonā€¦

1 Like

Okay wow with some rough eqā€™ing to fix imbalance along with the michael bruce tactics the stage does sound significantly less flat & closed in / more open.

1 Like

Actually, try swapping to regular silicone tips or foam tips. Helps retain more sub-bass.

I never liked the red spinfits for some reason.

1 Like

Try to listen to the record ā€œKyuss - Welcome To Sky Valleyā€. The timeless excels at it.

1 Like