đŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Which regular silicon tips do you recommend? Foam tips are a no go for me. The Spinfits have been incredibly comfortable for me with the Timeless but I’m open

They were just name-less silicone tips that piled up from years of buying iems.

My purchase of Timeless also came with “Reecho AET07”. Those weren’t bad either. Thick plastic on the flanges and tube. I think it was just left-over stock from Reecho’s warehouses. That being said
 spinfits do fit better. That little notch near the tip can waggle a few degrees which just might fit different ear canals.

There are premium tips, but I’ve yet to shell out for Azla Xelastics and JVC spiral dots.

How do you know what, where to EQ if you don’t have them measured? You’re blind equing?

2 Likes

“Blind EQing” is what has been done FOH for decades, if you know what you want to fix, you don’t need measurements to tell you.

1 Like

He means to accuratly correct the imbalance on your your set, since timeless is a planar (aka: unbalance fiesta on treble/upper treble ) and every set is different. Also you’d need to eq different channels.

Sure, you can do sweeps all day and try to match it, but you cant look at other people’s graphs since every set is different. It’s the same as trying to eq your GK10 watching crin’s graph

As long as it sounds good to the owner, it should be done. Same goes for tips, cables, sources, or wtvr. Music is what matters in the end, and anyone should listen it the way they want.

7 Likes

Yeah, @nymz wrote a nice summary. Listen to those words of wisdom.
Oh and buy Teas.

3 Likes
what Teas?

Deez Teas

what Nuts?

:chipmunk:

3 Likes

Sorry, misunderstanding on my part, I missed the imbalance part, I was just thinking of EQing in general.

4 Likes

racoon-wiggle

5 Likes

F*ck my life, you know how stupid this is? You’re lucky to hear above 17k. Can’t believe level of insanity LOL

2 Likes

Dat cable is slick. Wanna share the link for it?

1 Like

I would, but I can’t. It’s not posted for sale.

It’s a Xinhs custom. You can find his store on aliexpress and ask him to do you one. Just show him a picture :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love Plastikman. How about Robert Hood?

2 Likes

One of the masters, indeed.

2 Likes

Probably a case of imbalance in your original set, that i assume you didnt do tone sweeps to check for, as you had more pressing issue with it(the misbehaving connector)?

If they fixed the imbalance by cutting the frequencies in the louder channel, then it will sound warmer/less harsh. As the change towards that, is there when i do just the 10KHz cut on one channel, if they did the cut to fix lower treble too(theres some at roughly 2-4Khz) it would be even more noticeable. I will be able to do some measurements in a week or two i think, and get some perfect balance so will know the exact change in signature then between balanced and imbalanced. Will try both with cutting and boosting misbehaving channels.

Or you did check the old one for imbalance too before sending it back for replacement?

1 Like

I don’t do tone sweeps at all generally. It really doesn’t matter to me if the whole package sounds good.

Not beyond my ears. And, at times I thought the right side was a hair louder. But I have no measuring gear to test things. Nor do I care if my ears don’t hear anything that matters to me.

Had the same impression on some things seeming bit quiter than they should be, but was thinking my brain is playing tricks on me, or maybe how the instrument was recorded. And the tone sweeps gave me the real situation.

Cmon now, do it for science on the new set you got :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: pretty easy to do.
https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

Just hit play , and move the slider. You shouldnt get swings toward one side throught the whole range, if you do, thats where you have imbalance. Small ones are ok, but if it is too noticeable will have certain notes sounding quiter. Perfect set wont have any perceptable swings.

4 Likes

I just did it. I didn’t hear any imbalances. But one of the reasons I don’t do this stuff is people’s ears hear better on one side than the other in any given range of the FR. There is a built in imbalance that your brain is fundamentally burnt in listening to. How does that effect such testing?

Anywho, if I were to test, I would want equipment to do it. My ears, say this set is fine. No idea if the other set was.

3 Likes

If your ears say its fine , then great, thats what is important.

If you hear any imbalance, say boosted frequency in the right earpiece, you switch earpieces lef to right ear, and right to left. If you can still hear the boosted tone in the same ear, then its your hearing, if it switches sides when you switch earpieces side then its the earpiece itself.

Sure, technically. What if both your ears and the set have imbalance at the frequency? Without having a solid point for at least the set or the ears, I am pretty sure it’s still a bit of wild goose chase.

At the end of the day, if it’s final output is good, then I am happy. These headphones are all far greater than the sum of their parts. And I am ok with that.

If I were going to do this seriously, I would purchase measuring equipment. That said, if I hear something really crazy in a set, I will certainly do this. I do sometimes check for sub-bass with a tone generator. I like to know how deep a set can go. (the dusk is insane on that front). But in music, the timeless sub bass just comes across so much better and it can’t reach the depth the dusk can.