šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Like having the exact opposite imbalance in your ears and iems? :slight_smile: . I dont think thats too plausable, though i suppose it can happen but theres soooo small chance of that.
And then if you do have that imbalance in your ears, you would have noticed it with all your iems, and not just one set.

Either way, i do agree measurement equipment would be best, but for people with lack of, that tone generator is a good alternative that can paint you a picture.

4 Likes

Yes Iā€™m ā€œblind eqingā€ and doing tone sweeps all day. Hence the keyword rough. Of course I would need a measuring tool to get me 100% (maybe Iā€™ll get one) however itā€™s a night and day stage/balance improvement already.

1 Like

I blind EQ everything, works perfectly for enjoyment. Hitting some target doesnā€™t do anything for me. Iā€™ll probably do some weird shit to these when I get them. ā€œAccurateā€ sound is overrated.

3 Likes

Thankfully these things handle EQ like a boss

3 Likes

Awesome. In my experience planar stuff in general handles EQ insanely well. My main headphones have been HUGELY deviated from their stock sound and I can find no negative impact from all the tweaking. Dynamics are much more touchy.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s very interesting, never thought EQ could fix staging

Thanks man. I donā€™t buy from aliexpress

Oh ok, thanks for explanation. Didnā€™t know EQ could fix staging

Well in this case imagine for example half the FR needs boosting 3db in one channel in order to match the other, itā€™s going to sound fuller/wider when fixed because beforehand it was shifted to one side.

Then there is this theory on the other forum: Can A Graph show IEM Soundstage: maybe so! | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

1 Like

I understand all that ā€œtheoryā€ and been following it by redeyes on private discords. But how are you fixing channel imbalance? I mean how are you eqing left and right?

1 Like

Sinewave + Poweramp by ear

3 Likes

But does poweramp let u eq different channels? If so, I might buy it for my timeless when it arrives, altho Iā€™ll review stock.

2 Likes

Yeah man. Great app :+1:

2 Likes

Besides poweramp that covers Android channel separated eq, heres few solutions for other platforms:
For linux users that are using pulseaudio, pulseeffects.For ones that are using pipewire for sound, easyeffects.
For windows users, equilizer APO + Peace GUI.

That covers most platforms, not an ios user so cant say what would do the job there.

6 Likes

Did anyone ever compared the timeless to Moondrop Variations or Blessing 2? Letā€™s hope we are not missing out on resolution.

I sold Var but have EJ07m with me. But my timeless are somewhere lost in my country waiting for customs, I guessā€¦

Btw, heres a qudelix forum thread asking for the 5K to implement separate channel EQ. So if youre a user and would like the feature, wouldnt be a bad idea to chime in there. Even if youre not a user atm, still chime in :slight_smile: as you might become one in the future, and it would be a pretty great feature to have.

5 Likes

Here we goā€¦

2 channel balance option but not needed here just a earth hum :+1:

6 Likes

I am writing a three way between dusk, timeless and tea. Still gonna be a bit before I publish it though.

7 Likes

Lovely. I hope the timeless has TOTL resolution. No more reasons to upgrade for me.

1 Like