šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Do you have other amps that are plugged in the mains? Do you get hum on all?

For me huming is present when phone plugged in for charging, but no hum when on btr3k and plugging it for charging. It seems theyre pretty sensitive to how grounding is implemented in the device.

I can tell you right now that it out resolves those two. But they both have their own strengths. And I am focusing on presenting each ones strengths and weaknesses as objectively as possible. It just takes time.

4 Likes

Nope I have a Little Dot MKII and no problem plus we live on a barge so weā€™re on water and run everything including 240v when needed via an inverterā€¦so thatā€™s why I prefer battery driven devices :+1:

Edit when I touch the amp chassis the humā€™s gone so on @MazeFrameā€™s rec Iā€™ve orderedā€¦

So hopefully thatā€™ll sort it :+1:

1 Like

Perfect. Speed, resolution, the ability to EQ it and a good out of the box tuning were my priorities. Endgame for me.

2 Likes

Then you donā€™t need the review. I will also put it up against my zen when I get it back. That will be an interesting comparison for me.

1 Like

Thisā€™s dope on that chain :+1:

3 Likes

Nice, I always go back to the classics when I have a new set. Richie Hawtin and the originatorsā€¦Jeff Mills, Juan Atkins, Underground Resistance, Derrick May, Drexciya etc

European minimal stuff like Basic Channel, Maurizio, Rhythm & Sound

And of course Pan Sonic! I love how mechanical sounding they were, with good gear it sounds almost surreal.

3 Likes

YES. Youā€™re speaking my language. Go listen to Rhythm & Soundā€™s ā€˜See Mi Yahā€™ album on the Timeless. I have never heard an iem that can replay it like these can. The basslines on that album are very difficult for most sets.

1 Like

I got it on my SD card so I will do just that!

1 Like

Just got my timeless.
OOTB impressions: these sound as amazing as i thought they would! Vocals are perfect. Very good details I didnā€˜t even know existed (coming from KZā€˜s). Bass is better than I thought. Slightly less punchy than a DD but better resolution and speed. These are extremely ear tip dependent though, the tips they provide that look like spinfit (yellow) are by far the best ones for me. Still need to burn in.
I still need a dac/amp. Do you think the qudelix 5k will do these any justice? I have an apple dongle right now

4 Likes

I replaced the yellow tips with the large silicon tips from my Tin T2 Plus. Try some tip-rolling till you get the right sound.

1 Like

Tried putting on cp100 but the bore of the tips is too small or something, because i cant put them on.

1 Like

Yes, you need to find special tips. Try looking for large silicon tips on Amazon.

Only thing I use with them. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s hard to put them on but I do it. Cp100 and cp145 are wonderful on this set. Tames the highs, improves bass.

You basically have to start at a 90 degree angle and kind of twist them on. Completely worth it.

1 Like

First post here.

Have my Timeless for 10 days now. Fresh OOTB the bass was too loud but tonality was otherwise good. This lasted a whole hour. Its improved everyday since then and what can I say, itā€™s gonna be my endgame for quite a whileā€¦ at least until another planar IEM appears that is significantly betterā€¦ at around the same price!

BTW Dan of Danā€™s Audio in YouTube rates it overall:

1. Mest
  2. Timeless
  3. Xenns Up
  4. Tea
  5. Mele
8 Likes

Hey guys, I was set on buying the timeless but after reading ~800 posts here, Iā€™m worried about the imaging performance on these. timeless was going to replace my Aria, can someone please compare the imaging and soundstage on timeless, Aria & B2? is it at least on the same level as Aria?

Iā€™ll also probably loose some slam. Iā€™ll try and see if iFiā€™s xBass brings a positive change. If not, Iā€™ll manage with CA Honeydew & AK Diana for that so no worries.

Any IEM recommendations around 300 USD for good imaging & wide stage? recently sold the B2 as they were a bit too bright & shouty for my tastes. Diana has decent imaging but itā€™s capability is marred by some smearing.

I am in the midst of finishing up my b2 dusk, tea, timeless comparison. The first unit I had, had no depth. The second unit has depth similar to the B2 dusk. The tea is bigger.

Yes, typical slam is missing, but sub bass reverberation is not. Basically, when the note pulls from the sub bass, you feel it, but when it doesnā€™t you donā€™t. If slam is a priority, timeless may not be ideal. (I am a Zen owner, and love slam, thatā€™s what I go for in my IEMs and the timeless still wins for me)

If B2 is bright and shouty, I donā€™t know what to tell you. Both the tea and timeless have times when they can be more invasive. My second timeless also lost its shouty issue. But the dusk always came across as the most balanced and least invasive of the three.

Buy a qudelix + timeless and learn to EQ to preferences. This is the first headphone that has made me want to do that as itā€™s other parameters are so good.

My 2 cents.

3 Likes

Hmm, SHP9500, T2, Aria, Sundaraā€¦ none of these sounded as bright and shouty as B2. I think it was probably poor fit that caused the issue. No way to test now.

Any IEM recs for good imaging & staging? I can get a used FD5 for 220 USD.

I think Iā€™m definitely going to get timeless, but also need another IEM for imaging.

Awesome, will wait for it. Thanks!