šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Really, donā€™t assume this. The difference between unit 1 and unit 2 was extensive. Get the timeless and then decide. The teas do soundstage and environment better. But the difference isnā€™t extreme. I highly recommend getting this and then supplementing if necessary.

2 Likes

Alright, will see how timeless performs and then decide next upgrade (if needed).

Yap, iā€™ll just stop reccing Teas.

Teas are anything but shouty. Last couple of months thereā€™s a lot of people saying it can be bright or shouty. Seriously think Mangird changed the sauce on it :frowning:

could be DAC/Amp pairing is influencing sound a bit. With my iDSD Sig, I donā€™t get any hint of sibilance from music unless the track was poorly recorded or something. On the other hand, with LG G7 (ESS DAC) thereā€™s a kind of sharpness? to the treble which is fine for warm IEMs/Headphones but might be too much for brighter gear.

I think you mentioned using W2 as your source right? Itā€™s got a mostly transparent signature with a hint of warmth if I remember the reviews correctly. Tea must be pairing well with neutral or warm sources.

2 Likes

Letā€™s put the Timeless soundstage that way: itā€™s more wide then Moondrop Starfield and Tin T2 Plus soundstage.

Yeah, what I am hearing does not correspond to the graph I am seeing. Itā€™s not relaxed, itā€™s a good kind of active sound but the dusk manages to never cross a line making it more neutral and incapable of being offensive.

Vent used to be smaller and not filtered on the Mangird Tea, current is bigger and with mesh. Maybe thats the culprit(or at least plays some part) in sound change if all those claims are true.

I have the new revision, the bigger vent. It only started hapening in the last 2 months or so

1 Like

Might be some QC issue, especially if there was some big holiday in china when they were made. Since most workforce goes home to their provinces for the holidays, and unqualified workers are more common to be hired in those periods.
Even if its not the case in teas example and something else is afoot, good thing to have in mind when shopping from china.

1 Like

I put on my SpinFit CP145-S on my timeless. Thatā€™s the way it should sound. Iā€™m not sure if I should buy the medium sized version. Likely not worth it.

2 Likes

If you have a seal, and itā€™s comfortable, you should be good to go. I can get that across sizes with the timeless.

3 Likes

Yep. The nice thing is that small tips can let you sink the timeless in deep. Makes the highs more smooth.

3 Likes

so yeah this sounds fantastic, as expected. have you heard the remix album? the bass is heavier, itā€™s truly babylonian! if this isnā€™t slamming, i donā€™t need slam!

2 Likes

I love this album, itā€™s here in flac format if anyone is interested jazzrock :

1 Like

Iā€™ll try the album. I cannot get home soon enough (in another city right now). Hopefully I can get my hands on timeless in a week or two.

1 Like

Has anyone here tried azla xalestec or crystal with timeless yet?

1 Like

The Timeless is great with the Qudelix-5k - amazing little device and you get to experiment easy with EQ.

Have both. Works well with either. My primary concern is fit over sound, and this particular IEM does best with cp100+ and cp145 for me on fit. This also elevates bass.

Crystal and xelastec donā€™t up the bass, and let a bit more treble out with their wider bores. But both have been good for me on the timeless.

What is your goal with tips?

3 Likes

I love my CP145 tips. They sit super easy with perfect seal and bass response.

2 Likes

Not sure yet, Iā€˜m waiting for them to burn in properly to make a decision. I feel like they already have more treble after 1 day of burn in for me