đŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Odds are they are still a pre-order. Linsoul says " This Product is a Pre-order Processing Time before shipping: It may take 5-7 working days for orders placed after 20th Oct (GMT+8), and 7-15 working days for orders placed after 25th Oct (GMT+8) avg."

I don’t know who you ordered through, but that would imply that their earliest orders should just be hitting the US, and they have to go through customs. I don’t know who you ordered through, but Linsoul tends to be pretty good, even if their shipper isn’t ( 4PX ).

oh, they are in my country customs already. They were shipped on 1st October :rofl:

I got it from a ninja Taobao seller that @Godria found and bridged it over. Seller kinda fucked up on the shipping method, so here we are, 1 month late :smiley:

3 Likes

Can someone please help I am looking for the best vocal sounding iem upto the 500 price range. I am especially targeting male vocals. The problem is that most of these clear and resolving iems lack emotions to me where male vocals sound slightly thin and lifeless. Also when I see that an iem finally has that naturalness it can then sound a bit recessed. I am looking for an iem that has good note weight for male vocal articulation aswell and forward vocal presentation like the oxygen. Do I go for mangrid tea, timeless, zen or something else someone recommends?

1 Like

Ouch, where are you located that makes it extra complicated ?

I just broke down and ordered them yesterday, and depending on the 4PX and customs time, the upper bound should be three weeks. Granted where I live simplifies things, the port of LA is about 50 miles from my house, so shipping is really fast once they get the ship unloaded.

Well, passing through customs depends on courier. Express shipping = instant. Normal courier = a week. Bad courier = a month +.

Im based in Portugal.

2 Likes

I would not call zen a vocal focused headphone. AT least not the original. Don’t get me wrong, it’s good and I don’t have mine on hand to directly compare, but it never really “hit” me with vocals.

Emotionally, the tea had the best vocal response for me. You can watch my video comparison of timeless, tea and dusk above (sorry for the audio, fixed on future videos).

I suspect you can do better than the tea, but would have to spend a lot more money. And, that is currently outside of my experience. Also, vocals aren’t a specific target for me.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for your response! Btw I really wanted to get the teas but am too scared since I have really disliked many ba’s in the past due to them just not sounding life-like like my single dd’s (oxygen and Kanas pro etc). I have never tried sonion ba’s but have heard they fare better? Also, why do you prefer the teas vocals over the timeless? I thought the planar mids would have higher resolution and thicker note weight resulting in male vocals that convey emotions better and sounding more life-like due to planar timbre.

1 Like

Tea has a few things that are done better than the timeless. Vocals are pulled forward a bit making them more prominent. They also have a larger dynamic range that may be further enhancing the vocal effects.

Is the timeless weightier and richer? Maybe. But that quality isn’t what makes it special. Don’t get me wrong, timeless is good, and I personally prefer it as a complete package. But, with vocals, teas just have a bit of magic.

FYI, mele has a bit of the same magic to me so far. Which makes me think it’s a touch of DD or dynamic range.

I also highly prefer single driver IEMs and don’t love hybrids so far.

I am listening to morgan james cover of dream on with post modern jukebox on the mele as I type this and it has the special sauce. Not sure the timeless does. Will compare them later.

4 Likes

Soo is your favourite vocal iem the teas overall? And since you say you dont love hybrids does that mean the mangrids aren’t your cup of tea lol?

1 Like

Both true. :wink: vocals are not a priority for me. And timeless, zen and my hp-2 do them well enough plus have other attributes that make me like them more than the tea. I would take tea over dusk across the board. Dusk strength is an absolutely balanced tonality but is kind of generic everywhere else.

What sells me is the coherency of good single drivers. I may even like the mele more than dusk or tea. And it also does vocals better than timeless (so far but not better than the tea). You may already have a fantastic single driver dd for vocals in the oxygen. I am hoping to compare that at some point.

Sometimes you really do reach the best that is accessible to you. :wink:

If you give me a song or two, I can try them for your music.

3 Likes

7hztimeless

9 Likes

To make things simple: planars sound to my ears like super-fast DDs. With the exception of not having the slam of dynamic drivers.

5 Likes

@Plex_Flex That’s an interesting description. My primary benchmark for DD is the Zen, and, to me, it is faster than the timeless. I don’t have it on hand currently though. (will soon)

I think one thing that appeals to me about the timeless is it doesn’t have silly crazy drop ether cx transparency from speed. It is much more like the ananda which allows notes to transition more smoothly. Crinnacle called it soft, and that’s a good description. This is a plus to me, but I could see people wanting more structure here. I don’t, and I think that is why BA drivers always sound a little off to me.

Timeless really hits my preferences for sound in many ways.

I am going to specifically listen for this on timeless vs the mele as well.

3 Likes

To my ears fast earphones are noticeable by handling human voice and Instruments simultaneously. The timeless is enormously good at that. Good enough to understand Death Metal lyrics. So far I owned hybrids, ba only sets and DD only sets. With the timeless being my first planar I consider this my favorite driver type.

2 Likes

Yeah, the timeless handles busy stuff like it’s easy. When I get my zen back I am going to do a comparison between them. Maybe even a comparison video review. In many ways, the timeless is on the same level as the Zen for me. Given the price difference, that is impressive.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Hm I can’t get into anything that requires more than standard phone dingle/3.5mm out put power, for convenience and for cost. What I have right now sounds phenomenal out of the Apple dongle.

Any input from others on how these fair on a standard/low power output?

2 Likes

Then planar’s aren’t really an option
I can’t think of any planar IEM’s or HP’s that perform well off of a phone :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That is exactly how I hear them too.
I like the sound but it is different almost smooth and low impact.

I have found that more complex music really shines with planars, almost like they want more layers of complexity to the sound.

6 Likes

Those power claims are a bit eye popping with a sensitivity of 104 dB ^^. Still he REALLY loved them.

2 Likes