đŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

I could try it later today.

Was finally able to pay import charges today (they arrived in DK on the 15th)
 Yay! :slightly_smiling_face:

Now I’m just hoping they’ll move during the evening/night because otherwise they won’t be here until Monday.

#1stWorldProblems

EDIT: They’ll be here on Monday
 :partying_face:

4 Likes

@Nabildinho from your description, the AK Diana is the only thing that comes to my mind. It’s BA but does not sound like your typical BA. Great for male vocals (like Leonard Cohen). Sadly, they may not be available any more.

1 Like

I was gonna wait for more reviews but I finally caved in, gonna order my Timeless today. Hope they get here soon.

8 Likes

I got a ticket for the hype train
 hope I like this one better than the Blessing 2. Either way, this will be my last >50$ IEM for a while, I guess

2 Likes

This is a doubling for me, a Starfield at $110 was the most I had spent on an IEM prior to this.

I had been pondering something upscale, and I really like the planar sound on open back headphones. It was either this or Mangird Tea, and figured I would get on the hype train.

They sound fine to me out of my LG v40 / Tempotec Pro. I don’t have an amp with serious balls to compare it to however. Tempted to try w2 + balanced :thinking:

I think I wouldn’t have purchased the 7hz if it wasn’t for the fact that it is planar and I never ever have listened to any planar (neither IEM nor headphone).

There are always some people who swear by certain technologies and you never know if you belong to that group until you tried. I also ordered the 25$ KZ ZEX and are just as curious about its electrostatic drivers.

1 Like

Wonder what Z will make of 'em :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I wouldn’t hold my breath unless his Patreon’s prod him, I think he’s drowning under a mountain of IEM’s ^^

2 Likes

Hopefully the cream rises to the top then :+1:

2 Likes

That’s how I justify my purchases :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Somehow always end up buying more in just a few months

1 Like

Same here. That was just too tempting, and I will take electret over BA from KZ, if that is any indication.

Glad to hear it.
Mine finally shipped this week and is on its way from China to Europe. Delivery duties are supposed to be pre-paid so shouldn’t face any problems. Last shipment from HiFiGo went through smoothly.

1 Like

According to the AliExpress seller tax isn’t collected on purchases above 150 €.

Kinda important to know and I apparently missed it when purchasing.

Haven’t had any issues with customs/delays on packages where tax was already paid.

@Dynamic what ya reckon?

:smiley:

Laugh! Sorry, a secret new toy arrived for me to play with. :wink:

I will put that down and try it now.

So what’s the general non reviewer sentiment from those who own these? Is this the real hotness worth the hype or just flavor of the month type stuff?

I really struggle with IEMs as I’m not an “IEM guy” and tried many of the flagship TOTL sets and left completely underwhelmed for value. These however @ 225 a capable single driver iem with proper speed punch and slam appear to be quite an attractive value prop. I really don’t care about sound stage and imaging in iems as I have cans and towers for that.

1 Like

Am I considered a reviewer now? I am specifically trying not to come off as reviewer ish, though having youtube videos about this isn’t helping that goal.

The value proposition is off the scales. My personal preference and default recommendation to someone who just wants great sound, and has no idea what that means to them is Qudelix + Timeless. I can’t beat this package without obscenely more money. That said, an audiophile will have preferences that may point them away from the timeless. I personally enjoy the timeless more than a long list of planars from the sundara to the arya. So, value: check. The question is will your preferences lead you the same way. If you value dynamic range, slam or soundstage above other things, probably not your cup of tea. Or if you want neutral bass. Steer clear. If those things don’t apply to you, just buy them and make your own decision.

I have them in my ears with the apple dongle right now to answer the above question about if they drive off the dongle. Response on that shortly.

4 Likes