šŸ”¶ 7HZ Timeless Planar

Canā€™t answer that 100% as Iā€™ve not heard all the IEM planarā€™s but itā€™s the most rounded/appealing planar IEM to date imho seeing itā€™s circa 200 bucks then a bargain :+1:

So I just got my Timeless a few days ago from AliExpressā€¦ The product box was not shrink wrapped. Also thereā€™s a slight crinkling on the left unit with movement. The tips included did not have foam tips like everyone else seems to have.

I may have gotten an open box/return unit?

I am in the process of doing a claim through AliExpress, but itā€™s very difficult to catch the crinkling on microphone (it sounds like a dd driver flex but more delicate crinkling?)

I would suggest if anyone is looking to buy these, do so from a company with great aftercare/customer service.

I can tell itā€™s a good set, ā€¦ I just donā€™t know if dealing with the QC issues is worth the trouble. Kinda wish I just paid extra and ordered it from Amazon so I could just return it.

2 Likes

IT depends on your desired listening volume. And, just so we are clear, if you keep volume high on an iPhone, it will force it down later to ā€œprotect your earsā€. So, this may not be reality based. I may have found a way to defeat this. But I donā€™t use the dongle enough to know.

I can comfortably listen to the timeless with the volume maxed on the iPhone. Comfortably is a strong statement, it is quite loud and probably shouldnā€™t stay at this level for extended periods. IT sounds fine. And still seems to retain its strengths. (In fact, I donā€™t think it suffered at all if I volume matched them to the Qudelix). So, if you like to blow your ears off? Then Qudelix. Itā€™s loud, and I wouldnā€™t keep it here for any length of time. But, at the same time I like to sometimes boost to really high levels for a few minutes. I think the Qudelix is a smoother dac. But itā€™s not night and day.

I have no way to measure the actual SPL reliably.

At the end of the day, I would take this + apple dongle over lots of other options for my preferences. very good.

I wish I still had my idsd micro signature. I have a feeling that would push these to another level.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve found my IEM planarā€™s need to beā€¦

'ed to within an inch of their lifeā€™s to give up their inner secrets :smiley::smile:

2 Likes

I am ok with them keeping some secrets. Keeps the mystery alive! :wink:

1 Like

Anyone tried AZLA Xelastec tips? Do they feel soft like foams?

Very good tips,soft but tacky, put in your ears feels like trying to fā€™ a virgin in her ars* :slight_smile:

Crystal > Xelastic.

1 Like

Crystal is better ?

1 Like

It does not come with any foam tips. Just silicon of various types. Possibly rubber tips (not recommended) I find the blue ones the best in terms of sound. Havenā€™t tried foam cos not sure where to get and whatā€™s good to buy.

Has anyone tested the timeless with FiiO UTWS3? Does/will it fit in the case?

Still loving my super soft T2 foams.

Yes. Better texture (still grips but doesnā€™t atract dust etc) and improved sound. Also fixes some rattle on treble that xelastic did.

Are comply tips softer then cheap tips? Looking for the softest tips out there.

Comply (isolation no guard) are the only foams I can use and changed my position on foams from hell no to sometimes yes.

They donā€™t push the iem away, they comfy, they sound less shitty. Altho most of the time I use them are chopped on big ass nozzles.

1 Like

So far I tried out a few types of foams. The Tin T2 got some blue foams who are super soft - cheap knock-off foams cant compete with them. The Comply ones I see on Amazon seem to be pretty good. Should I go for model T-400? I expect them to fit on the timeless nozzle.

If nozzles are normal on timeless, t-400 should fit them yes. Get the 3 size pack to find whats ur size :slight_smile:

Supposedly comply foams need to be a size smaller. I would rather go for a three pack of small tips.

I use all 3 when chopping, medium for full foams (im generally a ML size)

Letā€™s hope the medium tips I ordered are gonna fit.

1 Like

Antdroidā€™s takeā€¦

4 Likes