🔷 AKG K361

I can use my stupid 6se rig and grab a balanced to unbalanced and blow something up when I get home lol

Also the 880 doesn’t sound that great off of the basx tbh, too much power and not enough finesse for headphones

1 Like

I’m just dying to see a pair of beats plugged into the a100, lol.

1 Like

Now that would be a real bass cannon (not in the positive sense lol)

3 Likes

I still don’t know which AKG to buy :thinking: I mean I could get the K361 cuz its cheaper, and Zeos said its better but the measurements say rather that they are just different, buy which one will I enjoy more :thinking:

thinking intensifies

Really depends on your preferences and also what you are looking for with this particular set of cans…

Idk bruh I just want a good pair of headphones to start with, and to wear outside or when the neighbours or family are noisy.

But soundwise I wish I could demo them, I know that I hate piercing highs thats for sure, but sibilance never bothered me in headphones or 9-10k peaks rather peaks at 11-14k make my ears hurt, when I run a sinesweep I never hear the 9-10k region as painful but I do hear the 11-14k region as painful.

If I had a choice I would want the K371 but without the subbass boost, or the K361 without the mids and treble boost xD

It’s easier to eq out bass than treble and midrange lol

that’s true!!! :thinking:

Going off of what you just said, the K371 seem like the logical choice. I really think the K361 would be something that falls into the category of what hurts you. Other thing to consider, the K371 is 3 pin mini xlr connection and comes with 3 cables. The K361 is 2.5mm proprietary locking connection and comes with 2 cables. If you plan on going mobile, that is definitely something to consider. Once again, K371 makes a lot of sense for that usage.

2 Likes

But why does Zeos like the K361 so much tho is he a treble head then?

Z is unique. I end up disagreeing with him more than I agree, but Z is more forgiving of a flaw in a headphone than I am (with exception to the Adam Audio SP-5, ATH-M50x and Sharkk Bravo…for good entertainment, watch those shit show reviews as he rightfully rips them a new ahole).

He’s also probably more comfortable recommending the cheaper pair to his audience if he feels they sound similar enough. This is a reason why I watch multiple reviews and look at frequency response graphs. I tend to play a mental game of pros and cons before I buy.

1 Like

Ye I do the same thing but it seems like a hard choice between these two

Watch me end up buying M50’s :laughing:

Go ahead if you want to have one that bad lol

1 Like

The M50’s are tempting not gonna lie at $125 here
But the K371 just seems better than them
Now the question is, are the K361 also better than them? :thinking:

Lmao. I actually tried the M50x early in the hobby and thought they were meh. Then recently I tried them again and they are so much worse than meh.

I say K371 and If you buy through Amazon you can return with no hassle. Either way, the K371 are a really great all rounder and because they closely follow the Harman Target Response Curve, if you dont like something about them it will be easy to figure out what you are looking for that the K371 potentially didn’t have.

1 Like

Personally I would pick the 371 but that’s just me

2 Likes

Not buying from Amazon, we don’t have Amazon here :pensive:

Bummer. Well K371 still makes the most sense in my opinion. If it’s any consolation, my wife is not big into audio, but she really liked the K371

It’s hard to have an accurate measurement at around that frequency range so I would cross reference a lot for that

Found at “wheezy.reviews” :

(Yes I also shared that in the K371 thread).

1 Like